• Green Arrow and The Flash - Spoilers Thread

    Two pics from Origins (found on FB):


    This article was originally published in forum thread: Green Arrow and The Flash - Spoilers Thread started by pk2317 View original post
    Comments 224 Comments
    1. superfriend's Avatar
      superfriend -
      Very cool. Hoping this means the official page with the starter info goes up soon. Or maybe we find out there is no starter and we stare at a picture of a pile of dice and try to figure out who each one belongs too. Thanks for the pics!
    1. alleyviper's Avatar
      alleyviper -
      Is that a character that provides ? energy?? Might be an action...
    1. pk2317's Avatar
      pk2317 -
      Multi energy types! On Actions and Characters!

      Attachment 5360

      Attachment 5361

      Attachment 5362
    1. TrueMisterSix's Avatar
      TrueMisterSix -
      Quote Originally Posted by superfriend View Post
      Very cool. Hoping this means the official page with the starter info goes up soon. Or maybe we find out there is no starter and we stare at a picture of a pile of dice and try to figure out who each one belongs too. Thanks for the pics!
      I love the "Speculation Game" point in the timetable... it's all part of the fun.

      Can't wait!
    1. Scum's Avatar
      Scum -
      The "?" energy is on an action.

      I think I see a Tar Pit die, and a Deadshot die.

      Banana = Grodd?

      Edit: Blue die with a bird = Black Canary maybe? Looks like the symbol she had in JL.
    1. TrueMisterSix's Avatar
      TrueMisterSix -
      Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
      Multi energy types! On Actions and Characters!

      Attachment 5360

      Attachment 5361

      Attachment 5362
      Loving the ? Energy on the "Rip Hunter - Chalkboard" die. That looks like Booster Gold in the illustration - so it appears there is some comic book inspired content and not just the DC TV Shows.

      Clearly going to have tribal in-set affiliations again - the green "Team Arrow" is there on them. (Not that there was going to be any doubt with this set)
    1. alleyviper's Avatar
      alleyviper -
      That sure looks like Ra's Al Ghul emerging from a Lazarus pit on that green/yellow die...
    1. TrueMisterSix's Avatar
      TrueMisterSix -
      Some guesses:

      Yellow Die with red Z symbol = Zoom?
      Green Die with meditating dude = R'as Al Ghul?
      Chess Piece = Amanda Waller?
      Red running dude = Flash himself?
      Red die with Sword = Katana?
      Blue die with swiping sword = Deathstroke?
    1. pk2317's Avatar
      pk2317 -
      Wouldn't the yellow die with the red bolt be the Reverse Flash?
    1. TrueMisterSix's Avatar
      TrueMisterSix -
      Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
      Wouldn't the yellow die with the red bolt be the Reverse Flash?
      Oh, probably. I'm a comic-book lore guy and used to read The Flash at a time when "Reverse Flash" and "Professor Zoom" were the same character.
    1. aschuetter's Avatar
      aschuetter -
      Two energy types? That's going to be fun to program around.
    1. Scum's Avatar
      Scum -
      White and black die, guy with a top hat, above the speculated Ra's die = Shade?
    1. TrueMisterSix's Avatar
      TrueMisterSix -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
      White and black die, guy with a top hat, above the speculated Ra's die = Shade?
      That would be a good bet, I reckon.

      Has he appeared in the TV show?
    1. themadking's Avatar
      themadking -
      Multiple energy types on a single die? YES PLEASE
    1. RastaBot808's Avatar
      RastaBot808 -
      Multiple Energy on dice...cool, but the Stats Bar on the Rip Hunter card doesnt match the die thats sitting on the card.
    1. Scum's Avatar
      Scum -
      Below and slightly to the right of the Grodd (?) Banana there is a green and yellow die, those are Weather Wizard's stripes and colors.

      Edit: Yellow die with red symbol is NOT Reverse Flash. Reverse Flash's logo has 3 points going in either direction. I'm pretty sure it's Kid Flash.
    1. RomeoBravo's Avatar
      RomeoBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by RastaBot808 View Post
      Multiple Energy on dice...cool, but the Stats Bar on the Rip Hunter card doesnt match the die thats sitting on the card.
      I wonder if this is somehow intentional, an early mistake that is cleared up before printing starts, or something that happened incorrectly and WizKids will have to post Day 1 errata on.
    1. Scum's Avatar
      Scum -
      Quote Originally Posted by RomeoBravo View Post
      I wonder if this is somehow intentional, an early mistake that is cleared up before printing starts, or something that happened incorrectly and WizKids will have to post Day 1 errata on.
      The dice pictured on boxes are prerenders and frequently wrong. In fact, if you look at some of them their facings are oriented the wrong way and sometimes even in the wrong spots for them to be actual DM dice.
    1. pk2317's Avatar
      pk2317 -
      So, Barry Allen is definitely Justice League affiliation, Jay Garrick is JSA, and Professor Zoom is the yellow die (good call @TrueMisterSix !).

      Attachment 5365

      Attachment 5366
    1. Scum's Avatar
      Scum -
      Can't fully read any of the new cards, but it looks like there is a new keyword called Synergy where you pay something to do something else either to a specifically named character, or a character that shares affiliation.