• Guardians of the Galaxy - April 2017

    Big news found from user @pizzarony online today!

    Dice Masters Guardians of the Galaxy!



    Was it public knowledge that a Guardians of the Galaxy feed would be released in April? If so, does anyone have any spoilers?

    http://wizkids.com/releasedate has all future releases on there.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Guardians of the Galaxy - April 2017 started by pizzarony View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
    1. jigsawhc's Avatar
      jigsawhc -
      Sweet (fingers crossed) hoping we can make a competitive Guardians of the Galaxy affiliated team in April.
    1. Jonasty's Avatar
      Jonasty -
      That will be awesome! Conversely I wasn't thrilled to see that Deadpool listed a sketch variant as the promotional item for ordering a feed. That was such a disappointment for me for GAF. Hopefully this isn't the start to a trend.
    1. Dave's Avatar
      Dave -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jonasty View Post
      That will be awesome! Conversely I wasn't thrilled to see that Deadpool listed a sketch variant as the promotional item for ordering a feed. That was such a disappointment for me for GAF. Hopefully this isn't the start to a trend.
      I think sketch variants are better for feeds. Starters are cheap so it's not a big deal to have an exclusive. Gravity feeds are $90 MSRP. You'd have something Nearly as rare as a super rare. Many would get it since some can't afford feeds. I think it's an acknowledgement by WK that there are many ways to play and collect and no one should be punished for not buying a full booster box.
    1. Jonasty's Avatar
      Jonasty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
      I think sketch variants are better for feeds. Starters are cheap so it's not a big deal to have an exclusive. Gravity feeds are $90 MSRP. You'd have something Nearly as rare as a super rare. Many would get it since some can't afford feeds. I think it's an acknowledgement by WK that there are many ways to play and collect and no one should be punished for not buying a full booster box.
      I think an alt art card of an existing card would be fine, like they did with the collector's boxes. Something you're not losing out on competitively if you don't by the box but a nice get if you do.

      I agree that a fully new card with mechanics like Squirrel Girl, etc isn't appropriate for a feed purchase for the reasons you gave but sketch cards just don't offer any anything worthwhile as a "bonus" either. Maybe my experiences aren't the norm but getting them illustrated by an artist at a con isn't remotely easy and often times will cost you additional money. This isn't to say it's not possible but I've got dozens of blank cards collecting dust where I'd much rather have an alt art, even of a mechanically terrible card. Sketch variant just feels lazy.
    1. Axyz's Avatar
      Axyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jonasty View Post
      I think an alt art card of an existing card would be fine, like they did with the collector's boxes. Something you're not losing out on competitively if you don't by the box but a nice get if you do.

      I agree that a fully new card with mechanics like Squirrel Girl, etc isn't appropriate for a feed purchase for the reasons you gave but sketch cards just don't offer any anything worthwhile as a "bonus" either. Maybe my experiences aren't the norm but getting them illustrated by an artist at a con isn't remotely easy and often times will cost you additional money. This isn't to say it's not possible but I've got dozens of blank cards collecting dust where I'd much rather have an alt art, even of a mechanically terrible card. Sketch variant just feels lazy.
      Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing a sketch variant such as the BFF promos. I really like the sketch book designs and think they look neat. I feel like the blank art cards are just lazy.
    1. chalos13's Avatar
      chalos13 -
      well said Dave
    1. IsaacBV's Avatar
      IsaacBV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jonasty View Post
      I think an alt art card of an existing card would be fine, like they did with the collector's boxes. Something you're not losing out on competitively if you don't by the box but a nice get if you do.

      I agree that a fully new card with mechanics like Squirrel Girl, etc isn't appropriate for a feed purchase for the reasons you gave but sketch cards just don't offer any anything worthwhile as a "bonus" either. Maybe my experiences aren't the norm but getting them illustrated by an artist at a con isn't remotely easy and often times will cost you additional money. This isn't to say it's not possible but I've got dozens of blank cards collecting dust where I'd much rather have an alt art, even of a mechanically terrible card. Sketch variant just feels lazy.
      As someone who really enjoys art, drawing on the blanks has been my favorite. I love getting blanks and try to get as many as I can to draw on for myself and friends. Don't go for a professional artist-ask a kid, a friend or a local player to do something fun for you. It may end up being one of your favorites!