• The Reserve Pool Podcast - Season 2, Ep. 49: Things They Are A Changin'



    We're excited to have you join us this week as we discuss the HUGE changes in our beloved Dice Masters game that were announced this past week! Isaac and Stuart dive into the results from the first weekend of WKO's, some recent rulings from the Rules Forum, and the monumental change that was announced this past Monday to combat the First Turn Advantage!

    Want to join the conversation!? Mailbag@thereservepool.com, @TheReservePool on Twitter, our Facebook Page and of course, our blogs and forums at www.thereservepool.com


    iTunes | RSS Feed
    Comments 8 Comments
    1. The0retico's Avatar
      The0retico -
      Is it just me misunderstanding the ruling or misunderstanding what you say or you mistakenly keep repeating, that you cannot PXG the fourth die? In my understanding, the fourth sidekick die goes to Used in your opponents turn.
    1. Stormyknight's Avatar
      Stormyknight -
      You are misunderstood in your idea of attacking on the first turn. Player 1 cannot attack on their first turn if it is in a "tournament game". It's talking about matches afterwards but I'm under the impression if you are playing tournament rules Player 1 cannot attack on the first turn.

      http://dicemasters.com/wp-content/up...ment-Rules.pdf
    1. hwetzel's Avatar
      hwetzel -
      Quote Originally Posted by The0retico View Post
      Is it just me misunderstanding the ruling or misunderstanding what you say or you mistakenly keep repeating, that you cannot PXG the fourth die? In my understanding, the fourth sidekick die goes to Used in your opponents turn.
      The turn 1 player places their fourth die in transition, not in used. They therefore can not PXG on their first turn, but they can PXG on their opponent's first turn when they are passed priority.
    1. TheConductr's Avatar
      TheConductr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
      You are misunderstood in your idea of attacking on the first turn. Player 1 cannot attack on their first turn if it is in a "tournament game". It's talking about matches afterwards but I'm under the impression if you are playing tournament rules Player 1 cannot attack on the first turn.

      http://dicemasters.com/wp-content/up...ment-Rules.pdf
      I believe what we discussed on the cast was that we would want to be able to attack on turn 1. We are aware that you are not allowed to do so under the current rules. That's why we questioned whether or not WK's looked at this as being an option in response to the new rules.
    1. TheConductr's Avatar
      TheConductr -
      Quote Originally Posted by The0retico View Post
      Is it just me misunderstanding the ruling or misunderstanding what you say or you mistakenly keep repeating, that you cannot PXG the fourth die? In my understanding, the fourth sidekick die goes to Used in your opponents turn.
      You are correct that once you end your turn, the 4th die, along with all other dice spent as energy that turn, would move to the used and would be available for PXG'ing.
    1. Stormyknight's Avatar
      Stormyknight -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheConductr View Post
      I believe what we discussed on the cast was that we would want to be able to attack on turn 1. We are aware that you are not allowed to do so under the current rules. That's why we questioned whether or not WK's looked at this as being an option in response to the new rules.
      Ah gotcha!
    1. ThePappy21's Avatar
      ThePappy21 -
      I'm Andy from Cincinnati that was mentioned. Let me know if you're in the area!
    1. Stormyknight's Avatar
      Stormyknight -
      We are continuing to see a decline in the number of people in my location and have been having issues picking up new people so I feel you Andy!