• Attack Zone Podcast 3: Deck List Visualization

    In episode three, we give you a fantastic tool for building and evaluating decks better through SWOT Analysis, but we don't stop there. We also find the right way to get there, showing how deck lists themselves are fairly useless and methods you can use to determine what the characters on your team are good for even before you've played a single game with them.

    Decks referenced in this episode:

    JL Overcrush: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...x25jl;3x131bff

    Bolts: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...25avx;3x137bff

    Villain Retaliation: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...1jlop;3x137bff

    Villain Control: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...137bff;3x34uxm

    Mailbag@TheReservePool.com for correspondance!

    iTunes | RSS Feed
    Comments 31 Comments
    1. Shadowmeld's Avatar
      Shadowmeld -
      Spoilers spoilers are.... So much fun. Meow.
    1. Indy Mon's Avatar
      Indy Mon -
      @Shadowmeld what spoilers? I listened but didn't hear any.
    1. Shadowmeld's Avatar
      Shadowmeld -
      Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
      @Shadowmeld what spoilers? I listened but didn't hear any.
      Wouldn't you like to know.I bet it's just vexing you.
    1. Indy Mon's Avatar
      Indy Mon -
      Not particularly. I thought you meant card spoilers. Apparently you meant something else!
    1. Shadowmeld's Avatar
      Shadowmeld -
      But this IS a card spoiler! :P just not an AoU or WoL one. You guys will find out soon.

      But hey, I'll give a free copy of this card we are talking about to the first person who can tell me what it is.

      Here's a hint. We have been spoiling for weeks.
    1. Blazeabago's Avatar
      Blazeabago -
      Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
      But this IS a card spoiler! :P just not an AoU or WoL one. You guys will find out soon.

      But hey, I'll give a free copy of this card we are talking about to the first person who can tell me what it is.

      Here's a hint. We have been spoiling for weeks.
      Cheetah?
    1. Blazeabago's Avatar
      Blazeabago -
      Or red tornado.
    1. SarkhanMad's Avatar
      SarkhanMad -
      Catwoman. Nine lives...
    1. Shadowmeld's Avatar
      Shadowmeld -
      Nice tries gentlemen. But even if you guess the card, you still need to discover why we are spoiling it.

      PS, no, no ,no.
    1. Chapa71's Avatar
      Chapa71 -
      I would guess House of Mystery TW or Constantine TW because they are Trinity Wars Month 2 OP Prize
    1. KingMatticus's Avatar
      KingMatticus -
      @Shadowmeld I believe it is the Common Vixen card. Why, I guess that having no ability makes it great for other abilities that get rid of opposing abilities...
    1. KingMatticus's Avatar
      KingMatticus -
      Hey guys, just wondering, wouldn't the JL Overcrush team get beat down with the Villianous Pact BA dice? I played, basically a all JL team and got that die played against me, and even with 6+ dice out there only one could attack because all the other non-villains couldn't attack. Just wondering if there is a way around this?
    1. Shadowmeld's Avatar
      Shadowmeld -
      Quote Originally Posted by KingMatticus View Post
      @Shadowmeld I believe it is the Common Vixen card. Why, I guess that having no ability makes it great for other abilities that get rid of opposing abilities...
      Hrm, I can't say no to your beliefs, but that is one wonky guess. Think more meta folks!
    1. Jthomash2's Avatar
      Jthomash2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KingMatticus View Post
      Hey guys, just wondering, wouldn't the JL Overcrush team get beat down with the Villianous Pact BA dice? I played, basically a all JL team and got that die played against me, and even with 6+ dice out there only one could attack because all the other non-villains couldn't attack. Just wondering if there is a way around this?
      But this manipulates blockers, not attackers, right?
    1. KingMatticus's Avatar
      KingMatticus -
      @Jthomash2 yeah it does but I am thinking that if you have a build up good attackers and play this, then all their blockers are gone, boom one giant hit! And your not spending energy to distract or relentless them.
    1. DigitalFirefly's Avatar
      DigitalFirefly -
      This one?
    1. RJRETRO's Avatar
      RJRETRO -
      Really digging TAZ as a show. I love the six-pack, and I'd love to see the second six-pack become a permanent segment. The four-person panel worked REALLY well! Great job!
    1. Jthomash2's Avatar
      Jthomash2 -
      @KingMatticus , in set, I don't think so. I think the global can only change opponents to villains. Honestly, I'm not a DC expert, but I think that's what's there.
    1. KingMatticus's Avatar
      KingMatticus -
      @Jthomash2

      This is Villanous Pact:

    1. Jthomash2's Avatar
      Jthomash2 -
      Right. But you mentioned non villains attacking, that manipulates blockers. The global I was referring to is but Pandora's box brought the make any character a villain global to the set. Making characters villains mitigates villainous pact as an action. Either way, it affects characters which will block, not characters which will attack,as you mentioned in your post about overcrush.