• The Prep Area Podcast 12: Red, Warth & Blue

    Welcome to Episode Twelve of The Prep Area! Hosts RJ (RJRETRO) and Patrick (Shadowmeld) have two teams with a common character: the Rare Warth from War of Light!

    First, we show you "Wonderdead". This team involves some heavy trapping, and should be a ton-o-fun to play!

    Secondly, we tackle the Heroic mechanic with a team we called "Hope & Liberty". Warth and Captain America teaming up? Better believe it! (Stay tuned for some videos tomorrow to see how these teams are played!)

    Also on this program, Dave returns to do another Six Pack, IsaacBV takes us into The Transition Zone and Shadowmeld has another crazy evil, combo for you to check out.

    The streak of amazing art continues! As always. it was supplied by the official artist of The Prep Area, Nick Sutphin! Follow him on Twitter at @Sutphin51, or check out his Facebook here, or his Deviantart here!




    Subscribe to the podcast here:

    iTunes | RSS Feed

    If you want to follow along, here are the teams for this week:

    Wonderdead (Shadowmeld's Economy team)

    Hope & Liberty (Shadowmeld's Main Event team)
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. CeeQue's Avatar
      CeeQue -
      Heroic, awesome.
      I think you need to swap out for PXG Trainer to maximize the number rares on the team. 😄
    1. Shadowmeld's Avatar
      Shadowmeld -
      Quote Originally Posted by CeeQue View Post
      Heroic, awesome.
      I think you need to swap out for PXG Trainer to maximize the number rares on the team. 😄
      I actually was planning to put that guy on, but got lazy while writing up the team.

      Thanks for listening, glad you loved the Heroic stuff.

      Tune in next week, it us sure to be a great Time.
    1. Nickbert51's Avatar
      Nickbert51 -
      So I JUST finished the artwork for next week's episode. And let me say that based on even the small info I got, I'm really excited for next week's team already. Getting to draw those character's in that scenario was pretty fun!
    1. Necromanticer's Avatar
      Necromanticer -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nickbert51 View Post
      So I JUST finished the artwork for next week's episode. And let me say that based on even the small info I got, I'm really excited for next week's team already. Getting to draw those character's in that scenario was pretty fun!
      That's awesome, mate! I've really loved the artwork for the podcast and you've been doing a bang-up job, so if you're excited for next week, I can't wait to see it.
    1. Nickbert51's Avatar
      Nickbert51 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
      That's awesome, mate! I've really loved the artwork for the podcast and you've been doing a bang-up job, so if you're excited for next week, I can't wait to see it.
      Thanks a bunch! It's always great hearing that people enjoy your work.
    1. IsaacBV's Avatar
      IsaacBV -
      @Nickbert51 I second that. You are a talent and I enjoy seeing your spot-on quick work!
    1. CeeQue's Avatar
      CeeQue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
      I actually was planning to put that guy on, but got lazy while writing up the team.

      Thanks for listening, glad you loved the Heroic stuff.

      Tune in next week, it us sure to be a great Time.
      I'm sure it will be, you are quite the Wizard at building teams.
    1. Nickbert51's Avatar
      Nickbert51 -
      Awww shucks!
    1. CeeQue's Avatar
      CeeQue -
      Quote Originally Posted by CeeQue View Post
      I'm sure it will be, you are quite the Wizard at building teams.
      Wait, no, I think you have something more vicious in mind. But you should make a Time Wizard team, that guy is wacky.
      And nickbert is awesome!
    1. Wargfn's Avatar
      Wargfn -
      I have to say, I am really enjoying this series of Podcasts. And to have it available on a weekly podcast is amazing. Keep up the all the hard work, it is greatly appreciated.
    1. riothebeast's Avatar
      riothebeast -
      Are you sure warth and cap can pair up? I get it gets the when fielded ability but he is not a heroic character to be able to pair up....
    1. riothebeast's Avatar
      riothebeast -
      Are you sure warth and cap can pair up? I get it gets the when fielded ability but he is not a heroic character to be able to pair up....
    1. IsaacBV's Avatar
      IsaacBV -
      Warth and Cap do not pair up. Warth allows an already fielded cap to use his heroic ability again
    1. theroyalfalcon's Avatar
      theroyalfalcon -
      I tested this last weekend, Storm Heroic is still better in the team than Warth both since she is cheaper and gets fully paired up. I am sure there is a better use for Warth than this or Gobby copy.