Thread: Multiples of the same character in new sets

Multiples of the same character in new sets

So, I noticed with the spoilers for Age of Ultron that Iron Man has new dice. Will this mean I can now field 2 Iron man on my team, since they have completely different dice, and not just different colours?

I'm kinda hoping this means that with Amazing spider-man, I'll be able to field a team of Spider-men. (The ones we have now, a new one, 2099, scarlet spider, symbiote suit spider-man...)

Thoughts?

Rules state you cannot use two cards with the same title. There are two versions of Spider-Man and Captain America already for example, and you cannot play them both.

True, but they both have the same dice, this is the same character with new dice.

Technically, they are different dice. Stats are the same, but colours are different. The rules say a CARD, and TITLE so unless rules are changing in this new set, there is no reason to believe you'll be able to use multiple Spider-Man.

That being said, in a local game, I don't think people would care too much. I'd play your Spider-Men team!

EDIT: Exact text from rules: "However, you cannot choose more than one card with the same title on it, even if the cards have different subtitles."

You can laugh at me when Rocket Racer doesn't get into the Spider-Man set.

What if they do a Victor Creed "Wolverine"? Does that mean I can't field Logan? That would kill a Flash team. There are like 30 of those guys.

This will get REALLY interesting in DC's War of Light. One of the revealed characters for that set is Hal Jordan. But in JL we had Green Lantern, Hal Jordan. So are we just going to start calling the Lanterns by their names moving forward? Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Kilowag, etc? That could make things easier. But already in WoL that sets up being able to use both Green Lantern and Hal Jordan.

I think the way DC uses the names of their heroes as an ongoing legacy, like Green Lantern, Flash, Robin, even multiple people gave been Batman. Even Marvel could start having issues with multiple Captain Americas, Thors, and Spider-Men. Could get a little hairy with not being able to use characters of the same name. I think they should change the rule so that you can use characters with the same name, but the dice must be different.

Every time someone brings up that name, I just get excited. Some sort of swarm mechanic, I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Every time someone brings up that name, I just get excited. Some sort of swarm mechanic, I'm guessing.
    A man after my own heart. I'd kind of like to see something like "Each time Madrox is ko'ed, place a die from his card into the discard area".

He'd probably have crazy low stats, but who cares? Might be a new way to ramp up!

I kind of like the thought of the "Ganging u on you" mentality. Like, when Madrox attacks or blocks he gets +1/+1 for each other die of the same type that attacks/blocks with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    You mean how I got excited for trample/Overcrush when Juggernaut was announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    You mean how I got excited for trample/Overcrush when Juggernaut was announced?
    I know "Trample". Where is "Overcrush" from?

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    I know "Trample". Where is "Overcrush" from?
    Overcrush is the Dice Masters equivalent to MtG's trample. It was introduced in D&D BFF and us featured again now in DC JL

Jamie Madrox is the best...so much fun will be had with him. Maybe we'll see him in the Spiderman set. A couple if ideas...

"Whenver Multiple Man is damaged by a character, immediately purchase an additional Multiple Man die for free, and move it immediately to the field at no cost"

"When Multiple Man blocks a character with Overcrush, the Overcrush effect is cancelled"

No Max Die Limit...

Sorry...got a little excited again...

The die limit was something I was thinking about too. He'd have to be good to be worth it, though. Or perhaps bring dice in from outside the game.