Thread: How far do you drive to attend regular Dice Master OP Events?

How far do you drive to attend regular Dice Master OP Events?

My local game store does not carry WizKids product so I have to travel a bit to get to Dice Master OP events. The closest stores that do regular OP events are 40 to 60 minutes away from me. It's a bit of a drive, but I try to make it out to 2 or 3 a month if possible. This is when I typically listed to TRP podcasts.

How far do you drive for OP events?

Unless my local store starts doing something, I'm guessing as few as 3, and as many as 10 (HELLO, WISCONSIN!)

If my local store starts, I'm looking at a five minute drive. It's one of the reasons I can drop so much money so quickly. So close.

Olympia, WA
    Two stores with OP less than ten minutes away (one I organize)
    Two more stores less than thirty minutes away
    Four+ stores less than sixty minutes away
    And it's growing!

I've got an FLGS right around the corner from me...but unfortunately no real community there to speak of. I don't play any other collectable or miniature games, so it is hard for me to "get an in" there and try to get something going. I'd really like to try, so I think my buddy and I are going to start going on open game night and see if we can get some folks into it.

The closest store that runs events is about the same distance as you are traveling Pishposh. I actually haven't played in one yet, but I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. Wish me luck!

My girlfriend and I are also talking about open game night. I'll wish you luck if you wish me luck!

I drive 30+ min away. I do this mainly because we have built a community there and I have become friends with the store owner. Other, closer shops dont really support the game.

I drove 45 min Sunday for one but one of the guys there said there was a regular group about 30 min away from my house. Still trying to get a group going at the FLGS 5 minutes from me.

Mine is about 7 miles away. Technically, we haven't started OP events yet, but we're beginning with the DC Trinity War.

The problem for my store was it was impossible for them to get product for AVX even though its buys tons of WizKids' HeroClix product regularly and one of its major sellers in the city. To show you how bad it was to get AVX all we received was 4 starters and 1 GF, which was roughly 90% allocation of what we ordered. I know AVX was under produced, but with the store being on the west coast was also a major factor. The east coast got it all leaving nothing for us. It wasn't until UXM that we received a good amount of product to even start building a community.