Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 212

Thread: What have you played? 2017 Edition

  1. #1

    What have you played? 2017 Edition

    With questions about team lists out there, I thought this might be a good chance for the community to share what they have used over the course of the year.

    Super top tier competitive team? Post it here!
    Fun theme team? Post it here!
    One Trick Pony Team? Post it... well... you get the idea.

    Share how it played, where you think it could be improved, really anything you want. The whole point is to keep the community growing and sharing with new (and old) players.

    Help make Dice Masters great again.*

    *I think Dice Masters is already great... I just wanted to say that.

    Edit: Is there any way to fix the thread title? Stupid fat finger type-o.
    Last edited by jourdo; 01-14-2017 at 11:40 PM.

  2. #2
    OK, I guess I should start contributing to my own thread.

    I think this was my first team of the year: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...x28fus;3x31fus

    It was all about the Satchel. Get as much crap into the field as much as possible and then start cycling them. I also learned from this team that Kobold can be equipped. I had no idea before this that it was an option. I bought Lady Deadpool once all night, and she never came into play. She really was not necessary. I would probably throw in the common D&D Ring instead to load up more gear into the field (and give that nice energy fixing global).

    If you like goofy fun, this was a good team to play.

  3. #3
    This was team number 2 for 2017: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...x30avx;3x34fus

    I have played the STAR Labs/Jocasta combo before and decided I wanted to sprinkle in some X-23. Lots of prep options here (PXG, Mysterio, Shocking Grasp), and that was kind of the point. I wanted both of us to be loaded as much as possible to make X-23 big. Firestorm was for annoyance removal and a back-up plan if X-23 failed. MJ was to help give X-23 the ever popular Overcrush and to feed the Professor tasty masks. Taskmaster was there to be whoever I needed him to be at the time. The target combo was to beef up X-23 and attack with her on a turn where you rolled STAR Labs action face. Shoot her buffed attack at Jocasta and boomerang it back at your opponent's face. If I couldn't get STAR Labs to fire, I could use Firestorm for the same purpose.

    Again, a fun team to play... but the combo felt a little dirty when it hit for 20.

  4. #4
    Really cool idea. I'll share mine too. Important caveat: My local store plays an Unlimited format with the following bans (on top of Relentless/Swords):
    -Half-Elf Bard: Master Lords' Alliance
    -Oracle: Master Investigator
    -Elf Thief: Lesser Harper

    And with that said, here are the first two teams I ran:

    Last week's team: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...limited%20gear

    It's actually very similar to your team number 1 in that it relies on the Satchel to win. The difference is in how I get to my win condition. I had one goal: Wall up the field with characters, use gear purchased for cheap (thanks Half-Orc Fighter!) to make them nearly invulnerable, and then finish things off with the Satchel. Very defensive, and once it was set up, really hard to stop. Fun fact: the Magic Helmet actually protects the equipped character against Prismatic Spray! I went 3-0.


    And the team I ran this week: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...6bff&name=TTv1

    Yep! Teen Titans. Just recently acquired the SR Starfire, so I just had to make a team like this. Starfire and Teamwork were my two win conditions. I'd usually build up my field with some Teen Titans, soften up an opponent with Starfire and finish them off with a big Teamwork attack (after using the Atom to thin out the opposing field). I went 3-0.

    I should point out, as a cautionary tale: Robin's ramp is cool, but very, very unreliable. Also, that Cyborg global was a godsend, especially when I went first. The character itself was also a life-saver against an X-23 team relying on Overcrush. I think that rare Cyborg could be surprisingly viable in Prime.

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ccm00007 View Post
    Really cool idea. I'll share mine too. Important caveat: My local store plays an Unlimited format with the following bans (on top of Relentless/Swords):
    -Half-Elf Bard: Master Lords' Alliance
    -Oracle: Master Investigator
    -Elf Thief: Lesser Harper

    And with that said, here are the first two teams I ran:

    Last week's team: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...limited%20gear

    It's actually very similar to your team number 1 in that it relies on the Satchel to win. The difference is in how I get to my win condition. I had one goal: Wall up the field with characters, use gear purchased for cheap (thanks Half-Orc Fighter!) to make them nearly invulnerable, and then finish things off with the Satchel. Very defensive, and once it was set up, really hard to stop. Fun fact: the Magic Helmet actually protects the equipped character against Prismatic Spray! I went 3-0.


    And the team I ran this week: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...6bff&name=TTv1

    Yep! Teen Titans. Just recently acquired the SR Starfire, so I just had to make a team like this. Starfire and Teamwork were my two win conditions. I'd usually build up my field with some Teen Titans, soften up an opponent with Starfire and finish them off with a big Teamwork attack (after using the Atom to thin out the opposing field). I went 3-0.

    I should point out, as a cautionary tale: Robin's ramp is cool, but very, very unreliable. Also, that Cyborg global was a godsend, especially when I went first. The character itself was also a life-saver against an X-23 team relying on Overcrush. I think that rare Cyborg could be surprisingly viable in Prime.
    I use Robin with : Wonder Girl ARes champion and Atom matter compression. It's a 3 card ramp combo but it hits every turn and I use it with Starfire outlaw that does damage based on fielding costs.

  8. #8
    Here was my team for last night's Prime format event out our FLGS: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=2x...x27wf;3x58tmnt

    Went 2-1. Overall pretty happy with it. I may replace STAR Lab with something else though.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    Here was my team for last night's Prime format event out our FLGS: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=2x...x27wf;3x58tmnt

    Went 2-1. Overall pretty happy with it. I may replace STAR Lab with something else though.
    Did you use turtle van? I assume it's for overcrush defense. I'm ready to try SR Lady Deadpool with Black Adam and the Cone of Cold replacement from the new Turtles set! The ability to hit up 6 targets or do 6 damage to one will be awesome.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwannabe View Post
    Did you use turtle van? I assume it's for overcrush defense. I'm ready to try SR Lady Deadpool with Black Adam and the Cone of Cold replacement from the new Turtles set! The ability to hit up 6 targets or do 6 damage to one will be awesome.
    Yes, I only bought it when opponents were using overcrush but it did come in handy a couple times. Once was against X-23 who had like a +14 attack and was about to destroy me

  13. #13

    My first team of 2017



    Here's the team I used the first two weeks of 2017. I normally switch up teams week to week but I got lazy. Went 4-0 both weeks although a couple of the wins from the first week are tainted because I didn't register that my opponent had an Adventurer out, so I wasn't attacking with all my Kobolds like I should have.

    OBL swarm (as I think of it - for kOBoLd and gOBLin) gets ridiculous in a hurry. I've probably put Gnome Ranger on more teams than any other card since FUS came out - it really adds to the punch of agro teams without having to break the bank to reach for it. Lolth because, every once in a while, I like to look at a card or (more often) a character that has a poor reputation and see if I can get some use out of them. I did - some games I did a lot of burn damage with Lolth, others I never got her out and just overwhelmed my opponent with buffed SKs, Kobolds, Goblins and Hill Giants.

    The first week was D & D cards only (including BACs). So I included Bronze Dragon for the Anti-Breath Weapon and since I was expecting somebody to bring Delayed Blast Fireball (which didn't actually happen) Oni was there as a defense against it. Not the most reliable defense, admitted, but at least I could hope.

  14. #14
    Ran this team in a Marvel v. DC event last night. Never got to break out my DC team, but this was a ton of fun.

    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...x25uxm;3x29aou

    Things I Learned: Steve Rogers is absolute damage lockdown. Cap w/ Mjolnir is awesome, especially when you weaponize PXG. X-23 is not as good as I had hoped.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by grundalow View Post
    X-23 is not as good as I had hoped.
    Huh - I really enjoyed X-23 lately. I ran her with Static and Lockjaw to put stuff into my opponents prep, and I think I had BEWD to put stuff in mine. I went back and forth between Hulk Out and MJ to give her Overcrush, but MJ ended up being better as I could field her, give X-23 Overcrush, then BEWD MJ to prep her for next turn AND reduce the cost of my next X-23 (or support piece) AND have more to roll in my own prep. It only took a few turns to get rolling, and it was pretty brutal.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by grundalow View Post
    Steve Rogers is absolute damage lockdown.
    Just toss in OP Iron Fist with him. Did it once, and it's really, really good.

  17. #17
    Tonight's trainwreck: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...vxop;3x7dc2016

    I decided to try out an X-men affiliation team. Mistake #1.
    I brought the wrong Storm with me (meant to bring the Deadpool one that prevents action dice from being rerolled). Mistake #2.
    As much as I did not want to bring PXG, I should have. Mistake #3.

    It was fun to try, but I won't be revisiting this team any time soon.
    Last edited by jourdo; 01-19-2017 at 01:06 AM.

  18. #18
    I played a "Death by Stachel" prime team:
    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...20by%20Satchel

    I went 2-1. I could've went 3-0, but I was piloting this iteration for the first time tonight, and made some pretty big misplays after experiencing some mild tilt.
    My 1st win was against a BEWD/Grundy/Morphing Jar/Human Torch/SR Tony Stark as Dr. Strange build.
    My loss was to a Multiple Man/Giant Spider Swarm + Front Line/Nightwing team. I panicked and starting purchasing their "Front Lines" when I should have went for more satchels. I clogged my bag, their swarm kicked into full force, I didn't get my rolls, and ultimately fell.
    My last win was against AVX Doc Oc/Kobolds/Cone of Cold/ and force block globals.

    I got 1st and in my prize packs pulled SR What if Agent Carter! CW was the most recent set stocked, otherwise I would've tried my odds with GAF or DP, but I can't complain.

    For everyone who thinks rare satchel wouldn't be viable, I've found ways to make it work...although I'm still worried it might be too slow. The trick is to keep a field of characters who can multi-block, that way you can maintain a small wall to prevent lethal while purchasing a ton of continuous dice. Cold Gun and Turtle Van handles over crush teams, and nobody brings heavy action hate usually, so this is a sneaky little team. As long as I can keep enough Sidekicks and Maria Hill's in the field, and Medusas if I'm in big trouble...I can usually stall enough to buy and churn satchel rolls into big damage.

  19. #19
    New team this week: Kiora's Lanterns. (MTG reference)

    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...9;s%20lanterns

    Finished 2-1 with this. That's actually what I expected; the team is purely aggressive, with little defensive or control abilities (Cold Gun was a last minute addition to try to mitigate that. It helped a lot). Kyle Rayner is the key piece here. He's a 3 cost that can get up to 10/10 once the board is set up. Plus, every other character I field is cheap with a big body. And the lantern ring makes all of my non-sidekicks bigger.

    I played the team very aggressively, keeping up the pressure with 4-5 damage per character, typically. Because they'd need to take so much damage, opponents would generally lose their characters, which made it difficult for them to keep up the pace. Not the fastest aggressive team, but it's surprisingly effective.

    My wins were against a Flying Sidekicks team and a fist team with FWT+Flying Car as the main win condition and Tsarinas as backup. My loss was against a Green Goliath + X-23 team (2 pings of Green Goliath was enough to empty my field, sadly).

    I don't think I'll revisit this; it's not terrible, but it's kind of limited. Too bad Blue and Green lanterns don't have very good control elements. (Before people point out Hal Jordan from WOL, I need that Hal as cheap aggro).

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ccm00007 View Post
    New team this week: Kiora's Lanterns. (MTG reference)

    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...9;s%20lanterns

    Finished 2-1 with this. That's actually what I expected; the team is purely aggressive, with little defensive or control abilities (Cold Gun was a last minute addition to try to mitigate that. It helped a lot). Kyle Rayner is the key piece here. He's a 3 cost that can get up to 10/10 once the board is set up. Plus, every other character I field is cheap with a big body. And the lantern ring makes all of my non-sidekicks bigger.

    I played the team very aggressively, keeping up the pressure with 4-5 damage per character, typically. Because they'd need to take so much damage, opponents would generally lose their characters, which made it difficult for them to keep up the pace. Not the fastest aggressive team, but it's surprisingly effective.

    My wins were against a Flying Sidekicks team and a fist team with FWT+Flying Car as the main win condition and Tsarinas as backup. My loss was against a Green Goliath + X-23 team (2 pings of Green Goliath was enough to empty my field, sadly).

    I don't think I'll revisit this; it's not terrible, but it's kind of limited. Too bad Blue and Green lanterns don't have very good control elements. (Before people point out Hal Jordan from WOL, I need that Hal as cheap aggro).
    iVE played this team a lot and really enjoy it. I stuck to the kyle/ring/hal/jade and the rest were control cards. Here's hoping a good kilowag and John stewart comes out soon! Also a dual affiliation jla/GL guy gardner complete with bowl cut would be awesome.

  21. #21
    We had an interesting format today: Mastermind and Minions. All Villains, but no SR cards allowed. Also, OP BAC were banned. The Mastermind could be any card and you had to have 3 dice on it. The Minions had to cost a minimum of 2 less than your Mastermind. We also had a Gentlemen's agreement that you could not win the game until you at least purchased your Mastermind (although that was not part of the "official" rules).

    I took this format as a chance to play things that I would not normally touch. So, I went full Turtles!

    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...4tmnt;3x50tmnt

    I limited myself to staying completely in set for this team (to my detriment). Definitely some nice pieces here that I would like to try on some other teams.

    Baxter and the Mousers are good together. Rocksteady and Beebop are great and I might have to play around with those two. Shredder is actually really good on a Villains team, but he seemed to show up when the Used Pile was empty. I really wanted to use the Bag stuffing Krang, but was limited by cost. This one didn't do much for this team.

    Overall, it was fun to try and I have some parts I want to add to other teams.... but...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0810.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	6622

  22. #22
    @jourdo great job, sounds like a format we may need to consider!

  23. #23

  24. #24
    I went for pure jank today. My theme was "Name that die". Pretty much everything had to have a naming function, or work with something that did that (Beholder and Scarlet Witch to cycle actions).

    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...3x23cw;3x30wol

    Slow as hell, but fun to play something that the sole purpose is to mess with the other player. I would not recommend going this way if you want to actually win (I did go 2-2 with it), but if you want to be a pain in the ass...

  25. #25
    I got to play these teams with a friend yesterday.

    Team #1

    I wanted to create a Bat family themed team so I started by picking what looked like good cards from the Batman side of the World's Finest set. A previous version of this team had Batman and Robin but I wasn't thrilled with any of the Batman cards available so I dumped them and stuck with cards that had abilities I liked. I also expanded to include Bat characters from other sets. This is what I ended up with:

    Bat Family v1.0

    Not a lot of synergy here other than using Polymorph to hopefully pump Two-Face up to level 3 before attacking. I want to continue improving the deck as new Bat characters are released. I also need to get rid of Constantine since he doesn't fit the theme. I was in a a rush and just stuck him in there because I couldn't find a good 2 cost Bat character that I liked.

    Team #2

    The second team I played came from the Green Skin theme Team thread started by vonVile. I ended up using KennedyHawk's version of the team which included Green Dragon. Thanks to vonVile for creating a team with a fun theme. Also, thanks to everyone posting their teams in this and other threads. I don't have a lot of time to create my own teams, so I love trying teams others have come up with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •