Thread: WizKids FB Message re AoU at Worlds/Origins

WizKids FB Message re AoU at Worlds/Origins

Interpretation: They don't know yet but they want to and they will if thy can.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	299

You're on fire this week. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

I really hope there will be drafts so we can get as hyped as we did for JuL.

lol. I'm actually an attorney who rarely has time to do this stuff, but my fourth child was born a week ago so I am on parental leave, rocking a very sweet, sleeping infant, trolling Dice Masters stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    lol. I'm actually an attorney who rarely has time to do this stuff, but my fourth child was born a week ago so I am on parental leave, rocking a very sweet, sleeping infant, trolling Dice Masters stuff
    Dude, paternal leave F. T. W. I'm looking forward to mine as well. I got the OK to stack a week of vacation on the end. So I will be off work for 3 weeks when the new baby comes. Much like you, it will be our 4th child, so who know how much spare time I'll have... but yea paternal leave rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Dude, paternal leave F. T. W. I'm looking forward to mine as well. I got the OK to stack a week of vacation on the end. So I will be off work for 3 weeks when the new baby comes. Much like you, it will be our 4th child, so who know how much spare time I'll have... but yea paternal leave rocks.
    I just found out last week my wife is having twins in November (will be our 2nd and 3rd child). Dicemaster parents unite!

I look forward to going, and buying up/winning as much AOU as I can so I can be branded as an outlaw and banned from all the FB groups for sharing pictures of unreleased product But, we will have spoilers as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnEly View Post
    I look forward to going, and buying up/winning as much AOU as I can so I can be branded as an outlaw and banned from all the FB groups for sharing pictures of unreleased product But, we will have spoilers as soon as possible.
    HAH. That's funny because it's true...and kinda sad.

Glad you're here, Shawn.

Any of you with more than two kids is destined for the sainthood in my eyes. Mine are three yrs and five months and I want to tear my goatee out most days. Shawn, I had a lengthy argument with the admins over that banning concept. If wizkids releases it at an event it should be fair game, petty to me, but then again I'm not an admin. They have had new product at each major event this year, I imagine they will make certain they have something to keep people in their space and the buzz going.

Can people who are planning on going to origins give me a run down of the Dice Master events. I really only want to go if there is a lot of dice masters. I live in Colorado so it would be a costly venture for a poor man to do.

There are two main things: World Championships, and Rainbow Drafts.

Worlds has two qualifier tournaments (only need to qualify in one) on Thurs. and Fri. at 10 AM. The Worlds event starts on Saturday at 10.

The drafts are side events and are played similarly as in stores but with some slightly more unique prize support.

I myself prefer draft but that's not what is being emphasized right now, and so I'll be going for the Worlds qualifier. Really looking forward to seeing everyone and what is being played.

Absolutely agree with Shawn, if they have product, I'm looking forward to getting and spoiling as much as possible.

Thanks Dave.
    Man I would love to go but I just checked travel, Plane fair is $400 bucks from Denver (Cheapest) and hotel, and well paying to get in and events. Needless to say I have family to support and I cannot spend $1,000+. But, keep us informed on the boards so I can live vicariously through you.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Frontier flies into Cleveland. Not optimal, but you might save enough on the flight to rent a car...

For those never been to Columbus before and wanting a local's advice on good eats and drinks in the area let me know. I'll be at Origins everyday covering what I can and also plan on entering a rainbow draft so just let me know and I'd be happy to help!