Thread: Rainbow Draft Basic Actions - Lots of options, more coming

Rainbow Draft Basic Actions - Lots of options, more coming

With the release of the DC Justice League set we are up to 56 Basic Action cards. With Organized Play kits, Age of Ultron, War of Light, and Amazing Spider-Man sets coming out later this year the number of Basic Actions will continue to grow to close to 100. That is a lot of options for 2 slots of your draft team.

In a normal Rainbow Draft you end up with 24 cards and dice to make a team of up to 8 characters/actions cards and up to 20 dice. You then must select 2 basic action cards out of the 56+ options. Obviously you should select Basic Actions that benefit the team you drafted.

With Retaliation in DC Justice League, I'm thinking Crush Card Virus might be interesting. Knockout one of your low fielding cost affiliated characters to trigger Retaliation to deal damage to opponent and also remove one opposing character up to 1 level higher.

What are some of your go-to Basic Action cards for Rainbow Draft?

Crush Card Virus was used at RBDs at Nationals. I agree, that's a viable choice.

Wrong one my friend. I believe you mean the one that has the global to turn things into villains?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Wrong one my friend. I believe you mean the one that has the global to turn things into villains?
    Shhh, I already fixed it.

The age of shields is upon us. Offensive aspect of polymorph on the action and the most versatile combat trick global in the game. Is especially useful if you have defensive characters or sidekick fielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post

The age of shields is upon us. Offensive aspect of polymorph on the action and the most versatile combat trick global in the game. Is especially useful if you have defensive characters or sidekick fielders.
    The more I think about this sentence, the more I agree.

Hi, I have a sidekick in my field and a shield in my reserve. I hear you have a hulk and a wolverine attacking, but no energy in your reserve. Sucks to be Wolverine.

Declare blocks on Wolverine, Spend shield to swap Hulk and sidekick's attack. Sidekick Smash Wolverine, Hulk hits me for 1 damage (ouch...not). Prep 1 sidekick. Hulk to used, Wolverine preps.

Yeah, wonderful BAC. Has potential to take over the meta, methinks.