Thread: Drawing dice question

Drawing dice question

There was a debate today at my local flgs so I thought I would ask to confirm the answer.

Lets say after my draw phase my bag is empty.
    My used area is empty too.

I roll
    1 ?
    2 masks
    Level 1 gambit (common gambit can draw a die and roll it when fielded)

I pay 2 masks to buy a beast.
    2 dice transition
    1 Die now in used (beast)
    0 dice bag

I now field my gambit, allowing me draw a die
    There are 0 dice in my bag
    3 dice in transition
    1 Die in used (beast)

So I move the used dice to my bag for the gambit draw - this would only be the 1 beast correct, the other 3 dice would not go into the bag as they are still in my transition area?
    Therefore I would automatically draw the beast?

This is very accurate, well executed game play. This is exactly how this situation resolves.

Of note though, Burst Gambit has an effect to draw 2 dice. If for some reason you could not draw that second die, the rules would have you take 1 damage and gain a generic energy. So in this situation you would draw one die, fail to draw another, take 1 damage, gain a generic energy and roll beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    This is very accurate, well executed game play. This is exactly how this situation resolves.

Of note though, Burst Gambit has an effect to draw 2 dice. If for some reason you could not draw that second die, the rules would have you take 1 damage and gain a generic energy. So in this situation you would draw one die, fail to draw another, take 1 damage, gain a generic energy and roll beast.
    You only take damage for not having dice to draw during the Clear and Draw step.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...lit=Draw#p9379

good catch! in that case I return to my previous statement, perfect execution.