Thread: Article: Randy's Thought on DC Dice Masters Justice League

Nice. I'm in the same boat Randy. Long time Marvel guy myself, with the Xmen being my go to franchise back in the mid-late 90s. Also big fan of Spidey, and, to a slightly lesser extent, the Avengers.

I've only causally been into DC, primarily through movies and TV. Batman is definitely one of the all time classics (I'm still a Michael Keaton guy myself..."Now, you wanna get nuts?...C'mon...Let's get Nuts!"). However, beyond that, DC just didn't do it for me. While I respect his history and impact on pop culture...Supes is lamo. I don't mind The Flash...

Hopefully this set will grip me as it has you...and perhaps turn me into a DC backer at the same time. We'll see...
    Last edited by Meatman; 05-01-2015 at 06:38 AM.

I tried to give the New 52 a chance. No dice.

This set does make me want to go back and read the older stuff though.

Does that mean you're going to think Marvel is slapping their fans in the face when the entire universe is rebooted after Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    Does that mean you're going to think Marvel is slapping their fans in the face when the entire universe is rebooted after Secret Wars?
    Perhaps... depends on how they handle it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

War of Light is supposed to have the Teen Titans, so Tim Drake will probably be in that as Red Robin. I would expect Kyle Rayner to be in that set as well, being the White Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    War of Light is supposed to have the Teen Titans, so Tim Drake will probably be in that as Red Robin. I would expect Kyle Rayner to be in that set as well, being the White Lantern.
    And this is why I'm looking forward WoL

I bet the next set with be batman based and you will see almost all of your favorites in it.
    I myself want to really see Guy Gardner as both a green lantern and as a red lantern.
    I am also very sad that my favorite DC character (The one I grew up reading) Swamp Thing being so weak in the set.
    Also I would like to see etrigan, and Dr. Fate as I prefer the darker side of DC.
    I hope both our dreams come true.

I entered true comic readership (sure, I knew a lot of general knowledge) at The New 52. Something like the New 52 was - in my meager opinion - a great move. It made things accessible to readers like me. I've enjoyed a few books.

I'm glad you are enjoying the set, Randy. There are some gems in here.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    ... I didn't know this was happening.

Newer comics are too dark and "edgey".

Since when is Superman from Cleveland? I thought he was from Kansas. Did something change? I'm more of a Marvel guy also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayneric View Post
    Since when is Superman from Cleveland? I thought he was from Kansas. Did something change? I'm more of a Marvel guy also.
    Haha, yea. Krypton, then Kansas. But the guys who created Superman were from Cleveland. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	superman-home.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	352

OH! Ok, I get what you are saying now. I've been away from serious comic book involvement for so long I thought maybe I missed a whole re-write of his story.