Thread: Age of Ultron

Age of Ultron

I want to talk about it but none of my co-workers have seen it yet!

Dude Vision was so cool! I forgot he was in the movie until... stuff started happening! I still figured it out before he showed up!

And that thing! And that other thing! And Scarlet Witch I mean Wanda! So cool!

And that "post"-credits scene... was that supposed to get me excited? Why was it in a vault anyway? He made it himself! What!

I haven't seen it yet but am going tonight! I'm so pumped. The one area of interests that my wife and I share a commonality is superhero movies. She'll also go check out a Marvel or DC flick with me.

I liked how this weeks marvel agents of shield led into the film

So I got to see an advance screening on Tuesday night.

A couple things: (highlight to reveal)

The Infinity Gauntlet was previously glimpsed in the first Thor movie, in the same vault as several other powerful Marvel items. Presumably Thanos is retrieving it from there.

I totally didn't expect what happened to Quicksilver. Though in retrospect, I probably should have.

Hawkeye's big secret definitely caught me by surprise, in a good way.

I was sooooo "pissed" (not really) by the very last line in the movie being cut short, the whole audience groaned at that.

I don't know how to hide text, so bear with me. Some spoilers follow, nothing that gives major plot points though. I needed a venue to complain, and since I hate using computers/social media this is where I'm doing it.

Loved the movie, but hated how the middle part was a rip off of the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.(highlight to read) Let's see, first team suffers a defeated Hawkeye is injured/Raphael is nearly killed. Cap and stark chopping wood/I believe casey jones at one point is chopping wood. Then Stark fixes broken tractor/Donatello and Casey Jones fix broken truck. Then Leonardo/Thor leaves to have a vision, ending with said vision splinter is alive/ the actual Vision. Let's go stop bad guy. There's other subtle similarities like the intimacy between Banner/Widow and Barton/wife with April/Casey Jones. I was greatly disappointed that it seems there was no thought put into the act.
    Those who have seen it let me know you comments.
    Last edited by Unknown869; 05-04-2015 at 12:32 AM. Reason: added spoiler warning

I haven't seen the movie yet...but there was a hilarious Spoof on SNL last night, centering around Black Widow and why she doesn't have any of her own movies. Check it out if you can find it somewhere. Funny Stuff!

I am holding till crowds are low. I can get loud with excitement. But super excited to have vision in it. That I did not see coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown869 View Post
    I don't know how to hide text, so bear with me. Some spoilers follow, nothing that gives major plot points though. I needed a venue to complain, and since I hate using computers/social media this is where I'm doing it.
    Just make the text color white. You can quote my earlier post to see the code.

Oh, I forgot that it was in the vault in Asgard! That makes much more sense. And I bet I know who let him in!

I'm still super miffed by Black Widow's subplot. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelSong View Post
    Oh, I forgot that it was in the vault in Asgard! That makes much more sense. And I bet I know who let him in!
    Sooo....apparently I'm wrong.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/there...n-the-mcu.html

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I saw that (spoilers) (well, not that specific article, but that there's more than one) and I looked up the gauntlets and learned it really shouldn't be a big deal because Thanos was just wearing those gloves and decided to pop the gems in them. So it shouldn't be as big a deal as it is.

Although I'm not sure why he felt the need to clarify that there was more than one, especially so far in advance of Infinity War. I assume we'd figure out there's more than one if we ran into another one.
    Last edited by RebelSong; 05-08-2015 at 11:40 AM.

The first Avengers is one of my favorite superhero films. I don't rank my top few, but it's in the top few. It was an A for me.

I would give Avengers: Age of Ultron a B-. So, still solid, but nothing impressive to me, really.

Here're my thoughts in a nutshell.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The first Avengers is one of my favorite superhero films. I don't rank my top few, but it's in the top few. It was an A for me.

I would give Avengers: Age of Ultron a B-. So, still solid, but nothing impressive to me, really.

Here're my thoughts in a nutshell.

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    I don't know if this needs spoiler tags, so I'll just go ahead and

Spoiler Alert!