Thread: Article: Thematic Team: Cyttorak’s Crimson Army

Cable has a (bolt)(bolt) global that forces blocks, while the rare and uncommon Goblin Attack Squad have a (fist) global that force blocks.

Magneto - Sonderkommando is good as a fail safe character. He does 2 things 1.) his global let's you re-roll Juggy just in case of a bad re-roll and 2.) late in the game if you need to field him, he gives all Villains +2A +2D making Juggy pour on more hurt. Then he's red on top of that!

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    Magneto - Sonderkommando is good as a fail safe character. He does 2 things 1.) his global let's you re-roll Juggy just in case of a bad re-roll and 2.) late in the game if you need to field him, he gives all Villains +2A +2D making Juggy pour on more hurt. Then he's red on top of that!
    I think I'd stay away from putting that Magneto on this team. My opponent could simply pay a to reroll my Juggernaut at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred92 View Post
    Cable has a (bolt)(bolt) global that forces blocks, while the rare and uncommon Goblin Attack Squad have a (fist) global that force blocks.

hmm.... definitely an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I think I'd stay away from putting that Magneto on this team. My opponent could simply pay a to reroll my Juggernaut at anytime.
    Your opponent is going to have to choose between leeching off your PXG or forcing you to re-roll especially early in the game. You also should have a ready forcing his choice to go for the sure PXG instead of wasting that energy on a maybe. The percentage of him having you re-roll is very minimal.

Wonder Woman: Warrior Princess (that red die, and already divinely related) and Ring of Magnetism Monster Attraction, MAKE them block that Juggernaut (also, the ring could have a Ruby Gemstone?)

Actually, I just dropping in with Wonder Woman would give you the combo you needed, and also give you an finisher other than Juggs. 2x damage on an anger issues Iron Man, is just as scary, or more than Juggernaut himself. But... SR.

Wonder Woman and Iron Man are both chaeacters, so Angel can hide behind them while as well. I really like including Xena and Industrialist.

There might be a truly competitive build using Xena and Industrialist with Anger Issues.

Beholder's global is great for when you get the Overcrush but don't want to use it this turn. Then you can save it for next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Slim and Xena, all I'm gonna say. :avx38:
    This has serious potential. Combine Slim with Overcrush and the Goblin global... that's on my list of things to play around with...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathrin View Post
    Beholder's global is great for when you get the Overcrush but don't want to use it this turn. Then you can save it for next turn.
    That's an excellent point. It's two turns away, but still.

Actually, it's two turns away AND you still have to reroll it. That global is TERRIBLE. If you just re-rolled it or didn't even play it you're just as likely to get that die back again in a PXG era ramp situation.