Thread: Winning DC Draft Teams

Winning DC Draft Teams

I have a thread going for any "3-0 Rainbow Draft teams" but I'll separate this one to DC winning teams, instead of just all undefeated ones.

So post a picture or use the Colon Codes to post your team here. Include a guess at the percent of games your characters were purchased, actions you brought and what opposing characters you had trouble with.

I'd also like to see teams that use something other than Catwoman/Red Tornado successfully.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	310

So this team went 2-1 and won the OP we had yesterday. Black Manta, Blue Beetle and Cheetah were in 100% of my games. Harley Quinn and the Joker were in 66% of games. Red Tornado and the Casualties action were in 33% and Solomon Grundy and Captain Cold were never purchased.

Game one- against Super Rare Constantine....the Villainous Pact global gave ammo to my opponent, he would call joker or whatever was in my prep. I still managed to Blue Beetle enough for a win.

Game two- I was beat by Martian Manhunter/Batman combo, Overcrush/actions/life gain. This is a game I needed Red Tornado but never bought one...

Game three- my opponent had 4 (UC)Hawkman+(C)Firestorm...this was tough but a crazy last turn for me, Cheetah came through to KO a Sidekick and I attacked with my whole field. If Cheetah had a different ability he would have survived by 1 life and beat me next turn. Thank you Cheetah! And all the great players I went up against.
    Last edited by Dusty; 05-05-2015 at 12:37 PM.

I think we'll start seeing some Uncommon Firestorm showing his mug. That d00d knows how to go to work.

uncommon or common? The Common is a workhorse, the uncommon... is just an expensive cheetah... mostly.

Don't discount uncommon Firestorm. The ability to choose Character or Opponent is what gave our first draft winner his OP cards. Early on because of aquaman he had two of them out with his opponent only having two sidekicks out. 10 point in one turn because of that.

I drafted a bolt heavy Firestorm deck, but lost tonight. I only started with D&D, and the DC set seemed very different to me. I had plenty of 3 and 4 cost characters, and a couple of 5s, but I kept running into trouble because I'd have to pay fielding costs.

I wasn't running many villains so I left out villainous intent, but the one game that had it was the only one with any ramp. I thought you had to use DC only basic actions, but that was incorrect. I might have brought Resurrection or something more familiar.

My team was:
    4x Firestorm: Ronnie and Jason
    2x Cheetah: Cursed Archaeologist
    2x Hawkman:Thanagarian
    1x Blue Beetle: Magic Infused
    1x Martian Manhunter: Green Martian
    2x Booster Gold: Showboat
    2x Black Canary: Laurel Dinah Lance
    And 2x Flash: Speedster

From what I pulled I made one big mistake, running blue beetle instead of 1x Red Tornado common. Many times I'd wish I had just one more die that cost 3. Mostly, though, I was just shocked at how hard it is to run a combo reliant team. I usually play aggro in most CCG style games I play, and I don't know if I pushed too hard on that Firestorm-Cheetah-Hawkman thing or what. I definitely need more practice with the DC set before my next draft.

Won my draft tonight. Team was as follows (Don't know what colon codes are and did not have time to take picture.

Actions: Villainous Pact and Anger issues
    Team as follows
    1X Firestorm Ronnie and Jason
    1x Flash Speedster
    1X Martian Manhunter:Green Martian
    3X CyborgExceptionally Gifted
    1x Aquaman-Arthur Curry
    3x Wonder Woman -Champion of Themescara
    1x Zatana -Zatanna Zaranna
    3x Cheetah- Cursed Archeologist

Aquaman was played 100% all games first buy all three times. The Flash also Bought and used 100% of time. Cheetah 100% of the time. Cyborg 30% and Firestorm 30% no one else came out.
    First two games this was the main force of the team. My opponent had cheep basic action dice and I rolled threw with the flash with some boosted damage from Anger issues. Cheetah Pinged for one most of the time. My opponents both games attempted to bring big guys out and the dice saved me.

Third game and by far hardest. My opponent played Green Arrow Former Mayor and had three of them. I changed tactics and started to bring out firestorm and cheetah so every time he KO's them I brought them back and continued to do damage to him. He did one final attack and brought me to three life but next turn I rolled cyborg and over killed for 8.

Name:	IMG_1312.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	328

I went 3-0 to win my first DC rainbow draft tonight with this team. I used Resurrection and Magic Missile as my basic actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post

I went 3-0 to win my first DC rainbow draft tonight with this team. I used Resurrection and Magic Missile as my basic actions.
    Bought everyone on the left every game didn't you? Bolt Bolt Bolts, and of course the UC Red Tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Bought everyone on the left every game didn't you? Bolt Bolt Bolts, and of course the UC Red Tornado.
    You guessed it. Get Tornado and Firestorm out as quickly as possible, then cycle the bag and push with Cheetah and Hackman in hopes they let me re-field them. I bought Stargirl a couple times. Didn't buy the 3 non-bolt characters at all.

My 7 year old son took 2nd with a nice Villian team he drafted. He only lost to me in the first round but won his next 2 games.

He who drafts Red Tornado's Uncommon Wins draft. (I mean, assuming an even skill level among competitors) That guy makes the best butter in all of DC... Churn churn churn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post

Interesting - it looks like you have more bolt guys than Firestorms. Did that help or hurt in using his ability? I prioritized getting 4 firestorm dice, and my draft may have suffered for it. Also didn't see the uncommon Red Tornado, but I wasn't looking very hard. I missed that one in my plans...

Quote Originally Posted by metalman42 View Post
    Interesting - it looks like you have more bolt guys than Firestorms. Did that help or hurt in using his ability? I prioritized getting 4 firestorm dice, and my draft may have suffered for it. Also didn't see the uncommon Red Tornado, but I wasn't looking very hard. I missed that one in my plans...
    Only one Firestorm is necessary to gain the benefit of his 2 damage effect. Having mostly bolt characters ensures that you'll get to do 2 damage for your other characters when you field them as long as Firestorm is active.

Red Tornado is the best card in DC for cycling through your bag. I'd recommend looking for one no matter what type of team you're drafting. Only one dice is needed to take advantage of him.

Both Firestorm and Red Tornado have good stats on their dice. If you can get more than one of eitherof them they are good at holding the line while you ping away with Cheetah and Hawkman.

What did I run last night... I went 3-0 with 6 total players.

OK, my basic actions were Gearing Up and Inner Rage (never bought IR once).

Constantine - Antihero - 3 dice
    Lex Luthor - Power Suit (should've used Former President, but apparently it kept opponents from buying basic action dice, so that works) - 2 dice
    Deadman - Possessive Talents - 1 die
    Red Tornado - Rannian - 2 dice (real mvp)
    Katana - Soultaker Sword - 2 dice
    Solomon Grundy - Died on a Saturday - 2 dice
    Stargirl - Courtney Whitmore - 4 dice
    Green Arrow - Former Mayor - 1 die

17 dice total - not bad at all

Every game I basically had the same life chunks happen.

I'd do about 10 to start, then another 7, then another 3 to finish.

My opponent would get me down to 3-11, but by getting that damage in always leave themselves open

my first game, I just kept using my opponent's Invulnerability basic action card and buying all of its dice, so that I could attack with impunity

I also bought 1 gearing up in either the first or second turn of every game, which always ended up being a deciding factor

also, I had no globals on the characters I drafted, while my opponents all had plenty - which helped me a lot more than them

One person had Relentless with the pay a mask, target character can't block, and I ended the game because I had 5 and he had 4 dudes, and I rolled 2 masks and a question and kept 3 from blocking, then paying another 1 lightning bolt from one of his characters to give +1 attack (global) to one of my sidekicks, to deal the last 3 damage.

Red Tornado was another MVP, only being a 3 cost with his stats - no special powers, but pure blunt force - works for me, same with Solomon Grundy - he was never engaged with a lower level character, but his stats worked out well
    never fielded a Deadman or Green Arrow (or even bought)

good ****, Miroki (name that quote)

and so I ended up with the Pandora's Box participation, Superman and 3 boosters for winning... nobody pulled the SR, and then a Black Canary SR was in one of my 3 winner's boosters as well.

We da best

All I needed. Probably didn't need Manta either Tornado, Firestorm and Hawkman would have been more than enough.