Thread: Look What I Got

Look What I Got

Hello,

Just wanted to start a thread that allows you to brag a little about what you recently pulled or what type of deal you were able to snag.

So on Friday I got my pre-ordered gravity feed of Justice League in the mail.
    I ripped through all the packs and was starting to get worried because I hadn't pulled any supers yet but at about 10 left I pulled Constantine!
    Only got 1 super but that's ok.

Later that night I went to a local rainbow draft for the Justice League set and the first pack I opened I get another Constantine!
    I was so excited about it, just wanted to share lol.

Anyways what type of stories do you have....

Congratulations! Now you can sell that Constantine, buy another gravity feed, pull another Constantine, and just keep the circle going!

When I purchased my first-ever HeroClix booster back in the day, I pulled a Unique Quasar. As a result, I started going by Unique Quazar (yay typo) and UQ online. Always been a fan of two letters, I guess.

For Dice Masters, my luckiest "pull" was getting both Flash and Black Canary in the latest feed. Would have been devastated about not getting Conny, but I got him before his price doubled on CoolStuffInc.

In all honesty, my biggest "luck moment" was when I randomly saw the Dice Masters starter kits about three weeks ago while I was looking for random dice for a simple game I was making at home. I thought "Marvel dice" might be cool to use, but then I saw each face had a different logo with some stats. I was originally disappointed, but then thought "...huh. This could be a fun game." Looked it up quick online, saw good reviews, picked up the AvX vs. X-Men starter, and started watching videos online. Fell in love immediately, and now I've fallen completely in love with the game even though I:

1.) ...suck at it.
    2.) ...continuously learn that I am not understanding the rules properly.

The joys of not playing these types of games all my life. I've really only played HeroClix, and even then, we avoided some of the more confusing rules like "soaring" and such. I'm hoping by the end of the year I'll understand this game completely (or at least, close to 90%) and I won't have to rely so much on Shadowmeld and the rest of the forum.

You've only been playing for a few weeks, RJ? You've really jumped in with both feet! Glad to have you on board!

That is awesome. I also bought a gravity feed, and just got the flash. We all want constantine so I was a little bumbed. Then friday was our draft. I bought 20 packs before so I had some trade stuff as I did not get any copies in my gravity feed of rares. Out of those 20 packs I pulled Catwoman Ultra Rare. So I was excited 2 down. Then we drafted and in that one of the other players got super excited because they pulled catwoman Ultra. So we all thought well that is the rare in this box, and low and behold in my second 6 I pulled Constantine!! So it is weird. think how it is going is one box per case has One Ultra rare and the other has 2 Ultra rares. So I guess the idea is to buy a full case from the store so you get a better spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    You've only been playing for a few weeks, RJ? You've really jumped in with both feet! Glad to have you on board!
    I guess it's actually been four weeks. I haven't been able to play the last week and a half due to working on the podcasts and stuff, but I've been studying a little bit, and watching other people play. It's a strange world we live in where we are too busy working on games to have time to play them!

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    I guess it's actually been four weeks. I haven't been able to play the last week and a half due to working on the podcasts and stuff, but I've been studying a little bit, and watching other people play. It's a strange world we live in where we are too busy working on games to have time to play them!
    Preach it, brother! I have actually played frightfully few games, but have invested a ton of time into it. No complaints, though, but don't look to me for deep strategic analysis.

RJ was editing some recordings last night while i played a match against his GF. Guess I got the fun job of TPA.

Hahaha, yeah. She had a blast, by the way. One night she is off work, we'll start playing earlier.

Yesterday I bought 20 packs each of DC and D&D and got Black Canary and Tarrasque SRs. Then with my GF of Friday I got Constantine and Catwoman.

... Okay, from now on you're flying to my house every time I'm buying some packs. That's insane luck.

I already told my single booster/ Red Dragon Story here. That's about the only one I have.