Thread: DC error cards

DC error cards

So the Constantine Con Artist card should be a rare correct?
    And the Flash Speedster should be a rare also?

Are those the only mistakes or was there one more?

Black Canary uncommon should be common.

Did WizKids ever officially admit to these mistakes?

I just discoverd when you search by rarity at DiceMastersDB or retrobox that Constantine - Con Artist and The Flash - Speedster show as Uncommons not Rares. Black Canary - Crime Fighter shows as an Uncommon not a Common.

I'm wondering if the people behind those sites left it that way due to lack of any official word to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of 'L's View Post
    Did WizKids ever officially admit to these mistakes?
    Not that I heard of, but the mistake is clear. The checklist included in the starter is consistent with the actual rarity and puts those cards at different positions so the collector numbers are different on many actual cards. The collectors numbers I use on retrobox are the ones on the cards, since that is obviously more useful, but I could change the rarity to reflect the actual one.

I go by whatever stripe is on the card. I would want all websites and references to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nutki View Post
    Not that I heard of, but the mistake is clear. The checklist included in the starter is consistent with the actual rarity and puts those cards at different positions so the collector numbers are different on many actual cards. The collectors numbers I use on retrobox are the ones on the cards, since that is obviously more useful, but I could change the rarity to reflect the actual one.
    Maybe you could add a note about the striping not matching the checklist rarity to the card text?

I'm just wondering if anything can be done to minimize the likelihood of someone else repeating the experience I had earlier this week, where a Facebook exchange pretty much devolved into an Abbott and Costello routine.

There's a WKO coming up in my town this weekend and one of the out of towners who will be coming in for it posted on the local facebook group inquiring about potential trades. Among the cards he mentioned he was looking for were some DC rares including Flash and Constantine.

Now I had heard about these striping mixups at the time, but that was ten months and five sets ago, so it wasn't exactly fresh in my mind. So after checking DiceMastersDB and not finding any red-stripe versions of those cards I'm thinking he must mean the Flash and Constantine SRs.

There have been a small bit of wishful thinking on my part there - I'm not an active trader but I do have two copies of the Flash SR and wouldn't mind dealing one. However, it's a crap SR and I don't see much demand for it. I was thinking maybe this guy's a completionist and here's an opportunity.

Anyhow the exchange went something like this:

Me: You mean the Flash Super Rare, right?
    Him: No, the Rare.
    Me: The one from War of Light?
    Him: No, from the first DC set
    Me: Dude, that set didn't have a Flash Rare. Only Common, Uncommon, and Super Rare.
    Him: It actually did have a Rare.

At this point I'm screaming inside my head 'Why is he saying that?' Which wakes up this tiny corner of my brain that had been in hibernation - which mumbles 'Justice League . . . printing errors . . . shut up and let me sleep.'

I did some googling to refresh my memory, then posted a message reminding the other person about the mixup and everything ended amicably.

But I do wonder if something can be done to spare somebody else somewhere down the road the same kind of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of 'L's View Post
    Maybe you could add a note about the striping not matching the checklist rarity to the card text?

I'm just wondering if anything can be done to minimize the likelihood of someone else repeating the experience I had earlier this week, where a Facebook exchange pretty much devolved into an Abbott and Costello routine.

There's a WKO coming up in my town this weekend and one of the out of towners who will be coming in for it posted on the local facebook group inquiring about potential trades. Among the cards he mentioned he was looking for were some DC rares including Flash and Constantine.

Now I had heard about these striping mixups at the time, but that was ten months and five sets ago, so it wasn't exactly fresh in my mind. So after checking DiceMastersDB and not finding any red-stripe versions of those cards I'm thinking he must mean the Flash and Constantine SRs.

There have been a small bit of wishful thinking on my part there - I'm not an active trader but I do have two copies of the Flash SR and wouldn't mind dealing one. However, it's a crap SR and I don't see much demand for it. I was thinking maybe this guy's a completionist and here's an opportunity.

Anyhow the exchange went something like this:

Me: You mean the Flash Super Rare, right?
    Him: No, the Rare.
    Me: The one from War of Light?
    Him: No, from the first DC set
    Me: Dude, that set didn't have a Flash Rare. Only Common, Uncommon, and Super Rare.
    Him: It actually did have a Rare.

At this point I'm screaming inside my head 'Why is he saying that?' Which wakes up this tiny corner of my brain that had been in hibernation - which mumbles 'Justice League . . . printing errors . . . shut up and let me sleep.'

I did some googling to refresh my memory, then posted a message reminding the other person about the mixup and everything ended amicably.

But I do wonder if something can be done to spare somebody else somewhere down the road the same kind of grief.
    Part of the mix up comes from the checklist actually listing them as rares. So, if he was looking for them via stripes, he might find he didn't have the rares he was expecting.

I hear rare flash is pretty common. As in, he is an atractive, common rarity Batgirl...

@oddballnarwahl this ones for you.