Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joker "clown prince of crime"

Joker "clown prince of crime"

Ok folks I am new to this but pretty familiar with dice masters. Question..... The uncommon Joker card that triggers essentially the same effect as Loki Gem Keeper.. If I have multiple jokers fielded does that effect trigger for every one of them. Or when one is fielded does it cancel the previous capture. It only states on the card while Joker is active. Unlike the Loki card that says till another Loki is fielded. Does this mean I could conceivably capture half of my opponents deck and just keep Joker safe from attack. Seems a bit heavy handed. Could someone please clarify.

"When fielded, choose an opponent's character card, cancelling all previous choices. Your opponent cannot field that character while The Joker is active."

Only the last choice matters.

this guy though....

Actually, I just changed my mind about this guy. *gasp* Doing a bit of research it seems he only stops on character DIE from being able to attack and block, not one character card. not as good as I was reading it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by saitoh155 View Post
    I gotcha. We were interpreting "all previous choices" as all previously fielded or purchased versions of that character.That is how we were interpreting Loki as well. Why would it state on the Loki card until another Loki is fielded and not on the joker card if that was the intended purpose.
    Wiz Kids. WHAT DOES SPEND MEAN?

Theres a Luthor card similar too. All I wanna know is " cancelling all previous" Means my character or the one i am targeting.The way i see it. It cancels the character die they have fielded. So they can still use the energy from it just no fielding of the character. The way I interpret the Luthor die that it cancels any previous purchase of the targeted character and doesnt allow them to buy any more. Thats the way we have been using them.

It cancels choices. Choices are the act of choosing, not characters or purchases or anything else, just the choice.
    If it was to "cancel" an active character it would say KO or return to card.

Deadman only affects die? That makes me a bit sad. He was super dominant before.

Every reference to long term control cards uses the phrase Character card or Name a character. Deadman says Choose a character. the only other character that says choose is a Frost giant that targets a die that is unengaged with it. Also, there are several DMRuleForum posts about the term Character referring to a single die and the term Character Card referring to all dice.

I think @Shadowmeld is pretty much always right. Dice Masters needs to higher him as a proof reader before sets come out. IMO

*hire

Can I be your proofreader? Only $10 a mistake!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I mess up a ton, but I do have a degree in linguistics and put in the time to muddle through the mess Wiz Kids makes.

so what if i bring joker die #2 into the field, can i pick the same card he was targeting? and then does the selection last until both jokers leave the field? or does #2 need to be the only one that leaves to cancel.

also, come on deadman, that outfit is ridiculous.

What if my opponent has superman fielded. I play Joker, and pick superman. Does that mean he can't field anymore superman dice, but the one currently in the field can stay and still block and attack?

Quote Originally Posted by ONEone78 View Post
    so what if i bring joker die #2 into the field, can i pick the same card he was targeting? and then does the selection last until both jokers leave the field? or does #2 need to be the only one that leaves to cancel.
    Fielding the 2nd Joker cancels the first. All Joker dice in your field need to be removed before the named dice can be fielded.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    What if my opponent has superman fielded. I play Joker, and pick superman. Does that mean he can't field anymore superman dice, but the one currently in the field can stay and still block and attack?
    The current Superman die can remain. New ones cannot be fielded. Joker (and Loki) work best when combined with removal for any active named dice.

but can i pick the same card that joker #1 was targeting? ex: #1 comes into the field, i choose spider-man. next turn i field joker #2, spider-man choice is cancelled so i pick spider-man.

i don't see why not, there isn't anything that says you can't pick the same card.

i also find it strange that it says "cancelling all previous choices", redundant?

Yes, you can choose the same character again.

Cancel previous choices isn't the same as cancel all previous choices. The fist leaves wiggle room as to whether only the last choice is canceled or every choice ever made previously was canceled. This clarifies what happens if two Jokers are fielded simultaneously or a card captures and fields a joker or anything along those lines. All is a redundancy similar to a moat around a castle wall, both keep people out, but one keeps out the enemies that are exceptionally creative.

Fielding a character isn't a choice. It is an action they took. Following that logic you could also cancel the choice to reroll their dice, their choice to bring that character in the first place and even their choice to play a game against you.

The choice is implicit in choice of named character. You cancel all previous naming choices and name a new one.

I completely get it. Believe it or not. These are arguments that I have had with other people over the wording on the card as well as Loki. Not even in some serious game setting. Just casual gaming. I have actually had the same conversation about this with the same individual several times on the wording. I hope i dont sound like I am trying to agitate anyone on this. But its frustrating when you have attempted to explain and it falls on deaf ears. Maybe being able to present theses explanations from someone else will ease my friends mind and give me PEACE when I play