Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dice Masters Online program

This could be really cool, but have you tried Vassal? Many of us use it to play online already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshute View Post
    He's also trying to make sure you can use it on mobile browsers so you can play through your cellphone or tablet.
    Is it web based? From the video it didn't appear to be. I've put a small amount of effort into a web-based system because long-term I think we need the ease-of-use of that, but if someone else is doing a web system, I'm happy to not have to try and fill that hole.

I would much prefer that over Vassal, hell I'd even pay.

If Wizkids released a Dice Masters computer game with the quality of Hearthstone, as compared to HeroClix online, they would make loads of money. Especially if they had the same option to redeem a full online set for a full set of real cards instead, taking the online set away. Because people have trouble finding games, if there was one centralized online location with a good interface etc..., people would happily eat up paying a buck or so a booster still, especially so that they could do drafts over and over like I used to in M:tG online - or sealeds, mixed, whatever. You could even have all Marvel, All DC, all comic, all DnD, all this and all that, etc... game rooms, to fit everybody, along with ranked mixed competitive and unranked. Basically, make it Magic online, but with the Hearthstone interface, and for Dice Masters.

I know I'd drop more money than I literally possess between that and IRL Dice Masters and HeroClix, etc...

SMF--I've never used the HeroClix online system. What's wrong it it? Buggy or something? Hard to use? Ugly?

Getting something up to the quality of Hearthstone might be a tall order. Certainly not going to happen for a fan-led effort (but I know you were talking about an official product).

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    I would much prefer that over Vassal, hell I'd even pay.

If Wizkids released a Dice Masters computer game with the quality of Hearthstone, as compared to HeroClix online, they would make loads of money. Especially if they had the same option to redeem a full online set for a full set of real cards instead, taking the online set away. Because people have trouble finding games, if there was one centralized online location with a good interface etc..., people would happily eat up paying a buck or so a booster still, especially so that they could do drafts over and over like I used to in M:tG online - or sealeds, mixed, whatever. You could even have all Marvel, All DC, all comic, all DnD, all this and all that, etc... game rooms, to fit everybody, along with ranked mixed competitive and unranked. Basically, make it Magic online, but with the Hearthstone interface, and for Dice Masters.

I know I'd drop more money than I literally possess between that and IRL Dice Masters and HeroClix, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    SMF--I've never used the HeroClix online system. What's wrong it it? Buggy or something? Hard to use? Ugly?

Getting something up to the quality of Hearthstone might be a tall order. Certainly not going to happen for a fan-led effort (but I know you were talking about an official product).
    I've been hoping we'd see an iPad or PC version of Dice Masters from Wizkids. They have a Quarriors app, so it doesn't seem like it's impossible. However, they'd have to clarify a ton of card interpretations though. Coding all the card abilities sounds like a nightmare too.

I'd also like to see a rainbow or sealed draft simulator as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I've been hoping we'd see an iPad or PC version of Dice Masters from Wizkids. They have a Quarriors app, so it doesn't seem like it's impossible. However, they'd have to clarify a ton of card interpretations though. Coding all the card abilities sounds like a nightmare too.

I'd also like to see a rainbow or sealed draft simulator as well.
    It wouldn't cost that much if they asked for volunteers for a lower than standard rate pay from the growing pool of players, of which I'm sure there are many with programming knowledge to various degrees; I'd be happy to help out at cut rate if I knew any coding past bolding and making a scrolling title in HTML that I learned back in elementary/middle school in the very late 90s/very early 00s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    1. All the things you named.
    2. Yes - buggy as all get out. Kinda ugly. And crash happy.
    3. Not very intuitive.

Granted, you got online codes with actual buys so you could translate some of your collection, but it's never been that great.

I'm currently taking a few courses for Android App Development, and one of the projects I'm contemplating once I'm familiar with the languages and libraries is a mobile Team Builder+Play Tester for Dice Masters.

Very cool. I'd be a fan of helping you test it, ELC.

This is very nice, I've played a little on tabletop simulator which is basically a physics engine that they have applied gaming stuff too, so you actually roll dice and shuffle cards ect. Trouble is the only set they have available to play with is AvX.

This will definitely be something I'll be watching closely

Quote Originally Posted by Dshute View Post
    Another update tonight. Right now he's he got the log in functioning last night and today his working on match request feature. Tonight we're actually going to play head to head with his program and I'll try to post a video of that.
    How did it go? This sounds excellent.

Wow, it's coming together well. Looking very good even in these early stages.

This looks pretty cool. any idea of WizKids is going to let it be published?