View Poll Results: Would you pay $40 USD for the AvX Collectors box?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 11.54%
  • No

17 65.38%
  • I'd rather buy more packs/other games.

6 23.08%

Thread: AvX Set up/Collectors Box

AvX Set up/Collectors Box

This thing seems pretty rare, I wish it had the better version of Storm as the full art promo. All that said I can get one for about $40 USD.

My question to the community is, would you shell out for this?

I have the DC and Uncanny Boxes waiting for me on my porch as we speak(type). So the completionist in me wants to grab it. I do have more AvX than any other set, but the dice are all tucked away in bead storage boxes from Michaels and the cards are in binders, where they will stay.

When I first started playing this box was not released. I collected hunted and got almost a complete set (missing like 4-7 rares, have all SR). Then just couldn't find anyone to play with and lost interest. Now DM seems to be going strong and I kinda want that dang box.

Nope. But I don't have any of the Collector's Boxes... so, I kinda don't think they are worth it at standard MSRP

My local shop still has them at retail. At least they did as of Free Comic Book Day, last Saturday. PM me and I'll double check. If you want me to pick it up for you, I can do that. (or if you just want the alt art storm, I got an extra. Also the alt art Prof) I'm sure we can work something out.

Thanks man, yeah I want the whole box. I'm in Colorado, I found one in Canada, oh right CANADA... I guess that would be more like $33.22 USD vs. $40 USD (hooray for the strength of the USD). That's not a bad price shipped.

They're fine just below MSRP. I wouldn't pay more than that.

I've been trying to fine one at a decent price since they came out.

DigitalFF get with Critenstine and make the PA connection pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    My local shop still has them at retail. At least they did as of Free Comic Book Day, last Saturday. PM me and I'll double check. If you want me to pick it up for you, I can do that. (or if you just want the alt art storm, I got an extra. Also the alt art Prof) I'm sure we can work something out.
    Would you be willing to grab an extra for a new player? My local shop had the Uncanny X-Men box, but I can't find the AvX box anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    DigitalFF get with Critenstine and make the PA connection pay off.
    Lol, I did PM him.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Lol, I did PM him.
    They got plenty. I just heard back. They got DC and X-men as well, if anyone cares.

Anyone that wants some, shoot me a PM. We'll get it figured out.

Can't justify the price. I'm willing to drop dollars for stuff I need to play the game. This isn't really necessary.

$40 shipped is my ceiling on this one since it's probably out of print. The collector in me wants it to complete my collection. The OCD in me wants it so my AVX dice are in an AVX box and not a UXM.

Since it's not really that good of a storage system, my vote goes to "no." Having said that, I did buy a DC box this round simply because I didn't have any other boxes. I wanted the shiny marbled SK & BAC dice and that's really it. The box has been promptly stored with my other boxes of stuff that I won't use for actual...boxes.

Having said that, I got stupid lucky and pulled a Flash SR from the foils in my Collector's box. That's just dumb luck but it helped warm me up as a collector.

I wonder if the pull rate for the Collector's Boxes are the same. That's maybe the 4th or 5th time I've read about people pulling SRs from them.

I pulled a Scarlet Witch SR from my first UXM collector's box.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Since it's not really that good of a storage system, my vote goes to "no." Having said that, I did buy a DC box this round simply because I didn't have any other boxes. I wanted the shiny marbled SK & BAC dice and that's really it. The box has been promptly stored with my other boxes of stuff that I won't use for actual...boxes.

Having said that, I got stupid lucky and pulled a Flash SR from the foils in my Collector's box. That's just dumb luck but it helped warm me up as a collector.
    I love mine. I keep my action cards in a binder, and the corresponding cards with the dice for the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    I love mine. I keep my action cards in a binder, and the corresponding cards with the dice for the set.
    Absolutely to each his or her own. I've been stuck in the tackle box world for minis and dice for a long time now. However, Zen Bins or even the box from Daedalus could take over for me if I ever get my hands on them.

Absolutely to each his or her own. I've been stuck in the tackle box world for minis and dice for a long time now. However, Zen Bins or even the box from Daedalus could take over for me if I ever get my hands on them.
    Oh no doubt. Everyone has there own thing. Those Zen Bins look neat. I may try to get a set of 3 for transporting and whatnot.

I like the Daedalus ones, but they're so pricey. Also wish it just was dice trays, I have my cards in binders, so it's a lot of wasted space.

I somehow found one today for $29.99. Full art storm is so pretty