Thread: Does Retaliation Stack?

Does Retaliation Stack?

Does Retaliation Stack?
    For example, lets say I have active:

Cyborg (Justice League w/ Retaliation)
    Batman (Justice League w/ Retaliation)
    Superman (Justice League w/ Retaliation)
    Firestorm (Justice League)

If Firestorm is knocked out, will that do 3 damage to the opposing player (because it would activate retaliation on each of the three different active characters with retaliation), or would it just do 1 damage to them because retaliation is global or something?

In the example you gave, each active character with retaliation would retaliate, dealing 3 total damage.

Exactly the case. Three different characters would trigger from the one event. It probably seems muddier because it's three instances of the same ability.

the dude that Wizkids didnt answer is if i attack with 3 Zattannas and i reserve Cyborg, Batman, Superman , Firestorm (Justice League all with Retaliation). Buying Zatannas and KO this dies is very easy playing with JL.
    Deal 1x4=4 damage or 3x4=12. I think implique uniqueness (4 damage, 3 Zatannas are only one character)
    Last edited by bartok; 06-29-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Each KO is an independent trigger. 3 KO'd Zatannas do 12 damage if you have 4 unique retaliation JL members in play (Cyborg, Batman, Superman , Firestorm).

If you have 7 characters fielded, the fact that you can do 12 damage shouldn't be much of a surprise, even if it is through retaliation.

"kenofthedead wrote:
    If I have Cyborg - Exceptionally Gifted, Batman - World's Greatest Detective, Superman - Kal-El, and The Flash - Barry Allen in the field and The Flash is knocked out, does Retaliation trigger for each different character with Retaliation that is still in the field? That would be 3 activations for 3 damage from Retaliation. Or would the ability only activate once, doing 1 damage?

Each instance triggers, but only once for each character. So if you had 3 Cyborg dice out, it would only deal 1 damage.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team"

kenofthedead wrote:
    If I have Cyborg - Exceptionally Gifted, Batman - World's Greatest Detective, Superman - Kal-El, and The Flash - Barry Allen in the field and The Flash is knocked out, does Retaliation trigger for each different character with Retaliation that is still in the field? That would be 3 activations for 3 damage from Retaliation. Or would the ability only activate once, doing 1 damage?

Each instance triggers, but only once for each character. So if you had 3 Cyborg dice out, it would only deal 1 damage.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team