Thread: Hulk Question

Yes.

In fact he triggers once before blockers are even declared (which is when 'when attacks' abilities fire), and then again after combat damage is dealt.

He triggers for each BW before blockers are declared, because 'when attacks' abilities resolve separately, and then only once when combat damage is resolved, because, as you say, that is simultaneous.

Yes, if it were Green Goliath, there were 2 or more BWs, and there were no spin-downs to prevent the BW damage, he would KO all the attacking BWs before Blockers are assigned.

This is really helpful, as I have been playing Green Goliath in one of my favorite teams (before I knew the meta, I swear!), and I'm not sure I have always gotten this right. I thought I had seen somewhere that there was only one trigger per source, but now I think maybe I misinterpreted a ruling regarding Human Torch Flame On's global (the increased damage hits only once). Somewhat related (so give a shout if I should start a new thread), can I actually ping Hulk to trigger his ability multiple times with the Magic Missile global as long as I have enough bolts during the main step? Or does the single source/combined damage only trigger his ability one time?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Yes, if it were Green Goliath, there were 2 or more BWs, and there were no spin-downs to prevent the BW damage, he would KO all the attacking BWs before Blockers are assigned.
    But your opponent would be forced to either take the damage or spin down for the 2nd (3rd, 4th) BW even if it was knocked out via Hulk's damage, correct? Attackers are declared simultaneously, and her condition trigger was met before being knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaywillow View Post
    This is really helpful, as I have been playing Green Goliath in one of my favorite teams (before I knew the meta, I swear!), and I'm not sure I have always gotten this right. I thought I had seen somewhere that there was only one trigger per source, but now I think maybe I misinterpreted a ruling regarding Human Torch Flame On's global (the increased damage hits only once). Somewhat related (so give a shout if I should start a new thread), can I actually ping Hulk to trigger his ability multiple times with the Magic Missile global as long as I have enough bolts during the main step? Or does the single source/combined damage only trigger his ability one time?
    Yes, you can ping him multiple times, because each time is a separate instance (Pay Bolt, Global Ability resolves (Hulk is dealt damage), this causes Hulk's ability to activate, it resolves (he deals damage), everything is now resolved, and if you pay another Bolt, it all happens again).

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk40 View Post
    But your opponent would be forced to either take the damage or spin down for the 2nd (3rd, 4th) BW even if it was knocked out via Hulk's damage, correct? Attackers are declared simultaneously, and her condition trigger was met before being knocked out.
    Correct, you would take all the damage, but the BWs would no longer exist afterwards to be blocked (or to deal you combat damage).

^^^ what he said (in both instances).