Thread: Used pile, transition zone and drawing

Used pile, transition zone and drawing

I tried searching the rules forum and couldn't find any answer for this. Let's say I start my turn and because of sufficient PXG usage I have four dice in the bag and all other dice in prep. Now maybe I power bolt my opponent, use a bolt to ping something with Slifer's global and maybe Polymorph's global (it almost doesn't matter). The important thing is I've got X amount of dice in transit, none in used. Now I use Gearing Up. What happens?

Does gearing up see nothing in used and necessarily then look to transit to refill my bag? Or does anything in transit remain in transit under all circumstances until the end of my turn?

If my bag would refill, what if there were one die in used? Would that one and all X in transit go to the bag when Gearing Up or just the one in used?

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    AFAIK, transit dice can't move from transition zone to draw. They can only move at the end of your turn. Net effect: no draw from Gearing Up.

Yep.

All dice in transit (aka out of play), on your turn, stay there until cleanup at the end of the turn.

If no dice in bag OR used, doesn't using gearing up deal you 2 damage and receive 2 generic energy...
    or is that rule only during clear and draw step?

That's only during C&D

Would you be in a loop? For example: use gearing up(put into used), draw/refil (the spent Gearing Up goes into bag) Roll action and repeat The whole process until you get ?

I thought used actions go to Used and not Transit

Anything you use or spend on your turn, is out of play until you move it to the used pile at the end of your turn

They go to Out of Play (aka Transit).

From the DC rule book PDF:
    Playing Actions
    You may use the action faces on your action dice during the Main Step. To do so, apply the effect and then move the action die from your Reserve Pool to Out of Play (it will go to your Used Pile at the end of the turn). It costs no extra energy to use an action die.
    (emphasis mine)

So if I follow this train of thought. If my opponent uses a kobold for energy and the character dice goes to the transit zone, I can not polymorph one of his characters out for the kobol?

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    So if I follow this train of thought. If my opponent uses a kobold for energy and the character dice goes to the transit zone, I can not polymorph one of his characters out for the kobol?
    Correct. Kobold die doesn't exist for game purposes until end of turn when it goes to the Used pile. Thus, literally, "Out Of Play".

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    You also can't use Polymorph on your opponents turn with any current game effects that I'm aware of (Rare Deadman into a beholder or something might be an exception). Remember action dice go to the used pile at the end of your turn if they are on action faces. On your turn, there is no transition zone for your opponent so feel free to Poly that kobold in.

So Gearing Up can only be used if there is at least one Die in the Used Pile?
    Or do i recieve 2 Damage because there is no dice in the used pile?

Gearing up can be used anytime with no regard to the number of dice anywhere.

You don't take damage if you draw less than 2. You only lose life in the Clear and Draw step if you draw less than 4 dice. Any other time, it doesn't matter.