Thread: My First Constructed Team...Thoughts?

My First Constructed Team...Thoughts?

OK....

I am putting together a constructed team for my first DC OP event and here is what I've come up with ... I think I have a good team, but there are some that I really wanted that I had to put aside...

Any Advise is greatly appreciated...

On the Team

Black Manta (UC) 3
    Retaliation - If one of your Villains is KO'd, deal 1 damage to your opponent for each of your active Villains.
    Red Tornado (UC) 4
    While Red Tornado is active, once per turn, if you draw 3 or more Sidekicks during your Clear and Draw Step, you may put all the Sidekicks into your Used Pile and draw 4 new dice.
    Zatanna 3
    When fielded, draw a die from your bag and add it to your Prep Area.
    I think I know who I want, but I'm confused!

Catwoman (R) 4
    When fielded, you may choose to roll this die. If it is a character face, KO target opposing character and leave Catwoman in play on the rolled face. If you roll an energy face, add Catwoman to your Prep Area.
    Constantine (UC - green stripe, so R, right?) 2
    While Constantine is active, you may name a character before you draw. If you draw and roll that character this turn, you may field it for free.
    Deathstroke 4
    Regenerate - reroll when knocked out.
    Hawkman (UC) 3
    When blocked, Hawkman deals 1 damage to an opposing player.

Last Spot?

Firestorm (UC) 4
    When Firestorm attacks, deal 1 damage to target character or player.
    Katana (UC) 3
    Katana gets +1A for each Villain die in the field.
    Katana (R) 3
    Katana may block any number of Sidekicks.

Do you want a villain team or a bolt team? You seem to be trying to do both. Also, either way you need Cheetah.

Excellent, but you should still decide, firestorm/bolt team or black manta/villains team. Once that is picked we can work in your economy around that.

My advice would be aquaman and red tornado into a bolt team that brings Zatanna as a mask splash. You are then able to buy anything but a fist character and can splask a basic action with a fist global to round out your team.

Yeah, Shadow is 100% right. You have half of two concepts going there and you should pick one and excel at it!

If you're going for direct damage from David and Cheetah, consider Blue Beetle.

Also, I feel you are missing out on the 5 cost Deathstroke and his villain ping. But, then we are still talking many villains and bolts instead of one or the other. Perhaps dropping Deathstroke for a justice league character, since you get discounts. You could also get more direct damage from green arrow.

Yeah, I think general non-Firestorm direct damage is a semi-archetype in this format... David, Beetle, Cheetah. That sort of thing.

I agree with these guys. We've been playing some DC, and it's awesome how dominant some of these direct damage folks are.

Really fun set.