Thread: WizKids Rules Forum dead?

WizKids Rules Forum dead?

It seems like they have almost given up since the 15th of April, I know it's only been like 3-4 weeks but I'm sure that people are still sending in rule questions and no one is answering them. Does anyone know if they gave up or are just having trouble coming up with answers?

They generally wait a while and then do a whole bunch at once. Conversely, they may be working on a new FAQ.

It's getting close to Worlds, hopefully they do one or the other before then. Otherwise they are likely going to wait until after so that their rulings don't change the Meta-game.

It's also getting close to UK Nationals, and I hope they hurry up and answer some questions because it's hard to test teams and against teams when you don't know how some of the cards are meant to work. Or how they will be ruled at a tournament.

I nudged WizKids on Facebook, and they said that they would give the rules team a poke.

"Meaning members of the The Reserve Pool team (Dave, Evan, Randy, etc) or members of the forums?"

Is what I meant.

(And, if the latter, don't I count?)

Members of the forum, I'd wager, as none of us are in the UK

Maybe in the future, if DM takes off, we'll be like some of the MTG coverage folks going to PTs and GPs all over the globe! But that's just a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
    I do wish Wizkids would just schedule a monthly rules update. They seem to pay attention to Dicemasters only intermittently and it's a little frustrating. My interest in testing to attend World's has been severely limited by having no idea how some cards work and no idea if we'll know how they work in time for the event.
    They chose to stream Dice Masters at US Nats over Clix, which had much more history and many more players. They pay plenty of attention to our game.

What cards are giving you grief?

1. Deadman rare - field opp's cards?
    2. Catwoman super rare - do you pay to field? At what level?
    3. Constantine super rare - does the effect continue if Constantine is KO'd
    4. Aquaman common - does it effect both players
    5. The Joker rare - how does this guy even work? Does the damage keep bouncing around until everyone of that affiliation is dead? Or is it just damage dealt by Joker that triggers his ability?
    6. Beholder - what do they mean by immediately? If I Polymorph a new creature into play as one of the triggered actions, can it attack? Immediately suggests the declare attackers phase is still what's occurring.
    7. Beholder - what happens if he attacks and you trigger imprison? You have no dice to capture with.

I was surprised by and really appreciated the coverage at nationals, but you can't tell me you're satisfied with their level of communication or rules updates?
    I'm griping because I want them to make their support of the game better so it lasts and thrives. And maybe hire someone to handle their social media presence with a little more spark.

@Gravity
    http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...ighlight=joker
    Shadowmeld did a good job of explaining joker to me.

Catwoman well your right, Aquaman question has been sent because I asked. But we play it as yes at the moment.

Beholder I do not think polymorphed characters can attack because you must declare attackers, so they would not have been a declared attacker when the attack phase started so, I think no, but still wait for wizkids. Imprisoned I think is a yes because it happens immediately. So that would be before blockers are declared. (I think I am not an expert). If they have no characters then it kinda just poofs

Deadman I do not understand the question.

I also want to say that wizkids is also working on Origins and one would dream that they would have some of these answered before there own world tournament, however they want to make sure the rulings are fair. I would hate to see another lord of the D ring issue.

Well the idea is that if you have two KO's characters in a turn and deadman is one of them you can bring back the other KO'd characer. That is the intent of the card. Kinda hard to pull off.

The problem with all these 'answers' (and any I might come up, I should stress), is that they are all just opinions.

This is why we need WizKids' Dice Masters Rules Team to step up their game and get answering these, and all other, questions about the game.

Because, until they do so all we have is opinions, opinions differ, and that leads to disagreement and argument within the community.

I have seen our community compared to other in a none to favourable light, and I wonder if this lack of answers from WizKids to our questions is not an important part of the cause of the problems we have.

Some will say "then we should just adopt the answer given by person X", or "we should adopt the interpretation that is most popular", but that kind of popularity contest leads only to further division with any community.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    The problem with all these 'answers' (and any I might come up, I should stress), is that they are all just opinions.

This is why we need WizKids' Dice Masters Rules Team to step up their game and get answering these, and all other, questions about the game.

Because, until they do so all we have is opinions, opinions differ, and that leads to disagreement and argument within the community.

I have seen our community compared to other in a none to favourable light, and I wonder if this lack of answers from WizKids to our questions is not an important part of the cause of the problems we have.

Some will say "then we should just adopt the answer given by person X", or "we should adopt the interpretation that is most popular", but that kind of popularity contest leads only to further division with any community.
    Agreed.

This does nothing but harm to the DM community and hurts WizKids product and image. They really need to get it fixed.

We also don't know what is happening behind the scenes. There might be some work/debate happening on some of these cards.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    We also don't know what is happening behind the scenes. There might be some work/debate happening on some of these cards.
    That is almost certainly the case for some of the questions that have been asked about some of the cards.

But all the questions?

About all the cards?

Unlikely.

(I'm pretty certain several of my questions have very simple answers)

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post

Then you release a tweet with a message to that extent. Takes 30 seconds.

I'm gonna say we give it time. I've messaged WK, and I know others have too. I'm going to go ahead and close the thread as the only thing that can come of it from this point forward is piling on and biting the hand that feeds us, and that's something that is counter to our community rules. Good conversation to this point - and my recommendation is that if you haven't given WK a poke about this one, do so