Thread: I really hope

I really hope

I really wish they would have made an invisible woman in one of the marvel sets. It doesn't make sense to me that they only made three of the fantastic four. Anyone else feel this way?

Maybe she'll be in the next series as a super rare? Or - the card actually "exists" but its just...invisible

Marvel is still trying to get all its licenses back under their MCU. Xmen and F4 have been put on hiatus until so. We probably will not see anything printed for anyone in either title for a while. The Fantastic 4 expansion for the Legendary game has been removed from stores ordering options because of that reason.

News to me about that, I work at a global distribution center (diamond comics) and they just re offered the fantastic four set (I ordered it) I understand the licensing thing for films, but it's not factual for other products. They just released the x-men board game and are already soliciting an expansion for it. Not to mention there are x-men in the ultron set.

Quote Originally Posted by alphans View Post
    Marvel is still trying to get all its licenses back under their MCU. Xmen and F4 have been put on hiatus until so. We probably will not see anything printed for anyone in either title for a while. The Fantastic 4 expansion for the Legendary game has been removed from stores ordering options because of that reason.
    Its not Marvel, its Disney being major jerks. They have a stick up their butts when it comes to owning their properties. If they don't control them, they'll sabotage those that do. Disney has cancelled all X-Men titles, Fantastic Four comics, killed Wolverine and Deadpool, and forced video companies from removing superhero games like Spider-man off Steam.

Marvel is dead, just call it Disney Comics, since that's what it really is now.

As I understand it, Disney who owns both DC and Marvel are upset at not being able to use Fantastic Four in their movies and connect it to there timeline. They are going to be using the next big event in the Marvel universe to cancel Fantastic Four. They are keeping X-Men because as a comic it is still a major profit maker. But they are slowing changing the term Mutant. I forget the term they are going to use. But I agree that there is nothing in the legal issues that keeps them from using Ms. Fantastic. I also agree that since they have everyone else in the game it is down right wrong not to include her.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanxor View Post
    If they are not going to make an Invisible Woman, then why not make a She-Hulk with the Fantastic Four affiliation? She has filled in on the team in the past and that way it would be possible to field a full team of four.
    They are just getting rid of the FF brand because they want to try to get the studio that owns FF and X-Men to feel the crushing power that they wield by eliminating the free advertising that they would get through continuing to publish comics with those titles. Which is stupid.

It just sucks... Dr. Doom is THE Marvel villain. Not Thanos. Not Loki. Yes... they are great and powerful and threatening. But they just aren't as iconic as Doom.

I'm afraid he will fade in to obscurity until Marvel regains the rights to the F4.

My hope is that with this Secret Wars storyline, they find a way to write the F4 and Doom out of Marvel existence. Then, years from now when Marvel regains the rights, those characters can make their triumphant return.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    As I understand it, Disney who owns both DC and Marvel are upset at not being able to use Fantastic Four in their movies and connect it to there timeline. They are going to be using the next big event in the Marvel universe to cancel Fantastic Four. They are keeping X-Men because as a comic it is still a major profit maker. But they are slowing changing the term Mutant. I forget the term they are going to use. But I agree that there is nothing in the legal issues that keeps them from using Ms. Fantastic. I also agree that since they have everyone else in the game it is down right wrong not to include her.
    Warner Brothers owns DC, not Disney.

Wolverine, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, and Johnny Fix-It (Grey Hulk) were part of the F4 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrdor View Post
    News to me about that, I work at a global distribution center (diamond comics) and they just re offered the fantastic four set (I ordered it) I understand the licensing thing for films, but it's not factual for other products. They just released the x-men board game and are already soliciting an expansion for it. Not to mention there are x-men in the ultron set.
    But Upper Deck is also killing the FF expansion for Marvel Legendary. No FF were on the cover for the big anniversary issue of Marvel even though they were the team that *made* Marvel. No, Marvel is definitely trying to starve out FOX. It's more than just a rumor that Sue Storm and the Fantasticar were late pulls from the UXM set.

Consider the information here. The fact that they killed the FF comics and have instructed artists to cease creation of new mutant characters is pretty telling.

@shadowcat129 oh OK thank you for letting me know. I was wondering how they could because that seems like a monopoly to me. Glad to learn that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    The plan was all X-Men titles were going to be cancelled, but fans got furious and forced them to change their mind. X-Men titles are being cut down to 6 or less.

All Mutants are now Inhumans. It does make sense with how they are both pretty much the same and I'm surprised it took them this long to connect the dots.

For those that don't know of the Inhumans they were genetically engineered by the Kree from cavemen. The Kree stopped when a prophecy appeared that an Inhuman would kill their leader, The Supreme Intelligence. Inhumane unlock their genetic potential when they come into contact with Teragen gas, which in most cases mutate their bodies. That's right, Lockjaw isn't really a dog. He just resembles one.