Control Elements:
    4 Storm: African Priestess
    3 Cerebro: Supercomputer

Ramp Elements:
    4 Kobold: Greater Humanoid

Edit: Team Updated
    Edit: Team Updated
    Edit: Guess what? Team Updated
    Last edited by ELC1847; 06-06-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Nova would be fine in there, you could protect him relatively easily too with RoM and LoD, but I might suggest beast or psylocke to give you a source of masks outside of sidekicks.

Situationally fun. Plus you want and he gives you incentive to leave him there.

I like Nova - Quasar as a 3 of, but I doubt Ill need to use Kobold as well then ...definitely thinking of cutting all four Kobolds for either Psylocke - Kwannon or Beast - Number of the. Unfortunately both are hard to find where I am at: what other inexpensive Mask dice are good currently?

Pretty sure beast is in the AvX starter, which are going for about 16-25 on amazon. Now getting the extra 2 dice might be an issue.

Mutate #666? That's pretty sweet actually

EDIT: Looking at @Chris and his Dungeons and Dugouts team in the tournament forum, I wondering whether it would be more worthwhile to use Superman over Lord of D.?

EDIT 2: Still interested in the possibilities of Superman over Lord of D., but I should mention I just now noticed that the format Chris was playing in was Rainbow draft for Justice League: in other words, "Reading is good tech"
    Last edited by ELC1847; 05-10-2015 at 11:50 AM.

@ELC1847 - Supes was my final win con if I couldn't get everything else to work. I planned to ramp all the way up into him if my Martian Manhunter was somehow locked down or if Firestorm couldn't stay on the board, which wasn't an actual problem for me. Also, keep in mind, this was a straight DC environment I was playing in and Supes is the biggest stick that I could reasonably hope to field with the team affiliation discount.

So I'd stick with Lord of D.

Team undergoing heavy revisions currently, but I must ask those with more experience than me: what effective hate dice/cards are available for the rare Jinzo? Just realized that paying 10 life to wipe my opponent's board that has a Jinzo active does not sound too appealing. Thinking of Imprisoned as a more universal and permanent solution, but Im open to other ideas.

Hulk: Jade Giant.

EDIT:

Or, if you don't want to swap out Green Goliath, you can go with Millennium Puzzle, or Psylocke: Kwannon the Assassin - both are great choices for spot removal.

As mentioned already, just use Jade Giant. Instant removal whenever you need it well might cost you 2 life to use iceman global if you don't roll a bolt.

I tried Jade Giant against my friend's Green Goliath+Human Torch list, and although his list is far from optimal, I felt pretty good about being able to ping JG in response to Magic Missile on GG to knock out GG before it is pinged itself.

Anyhow, here is my rationale for the current line-up:

Core
    Magic Missile: Global to trigger Hulk
    Professor X: Ramp
    Iceman: Bolt Generator
    Hulk: Win-con

Other Elements
    Polymorph: Additional spot removal if I need it and doubles as a recovery option for Hulk
    Blue-Eyes: Psylocke and Sidekick recycler and cost mitigation AND ramp to a certain extent
    Silver Surfer: Not too sure on this, but this looks like a good way to use Hulk and ramp/churn
    Psylocke: Spot removal on a cheap body
    Cerebro: Ever heard of Trinisphere in Magic: the Gathering? This is like that, except, in a way, more applicable against a wider portion of the meta in this game
    G.Cube: Being able to capture a key character indefinitely is really good: being able to do so with good timing

Quote Originally Posted by ELC1847 View Post
    I tried Jade Giant against my friend's Green Goliath+Human Torch list, and although his list is far from optimal, I felt pretty good about being able to ping JG in response to Magic Missile on GG to knock out GG before it is pinged itself.
    So, there's some things wrong here. Response, doesn't happen in Dice Masters. the only abilities that can be used as responses, are redirection and prevention abilities. It's a hard thing to unlearn if you're a hardcore magic player, but thems the rules.

Otherwise, your team concept and build is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ELC1847 View Post
    G.Cube: Being able to capture a key character indefinitely is really good: being able to do so with good timing
    One thing to note, if Gelatinous cube is knocked out, the captured die is released. The line about "until used again" is simply a way to state that of the two ways capture ends normally, one is different. Capture normally ends if 1) the capturing die is made inactive, including by being captured itself. Or 2) the end of the turn. Since this card says it lasts until used again, you can assume that it lasts past the end of the turn. However, since the nature of gameplay has you put the captured die UNDER the capturing die, if the capturing die leaves play, the captured die goes back to where it came from.

Hmm ... I need to review the rules then: how is priority officially determined in the event of timing conflicts?

And I know: works similar to Astral Slide or Oblivion Ring in Magic in a way, right? Which is fine by me as it seems in this game there is no zone that is strictly off-limits: all paths eventually lead back to the reserve pool.

So, forget priority as a term. It just becomes easier.

On your turn, you're the active player. On their turn you're the inactive player. The active player can take as many actions as he wants until he decides to let the inactive player take some. If the inactive player takes one, he has to ask the active player if he can take another, then another, etc. In other (more rulesy) words anytime he wants the active player can interrupt the chain of actions the inactive player is taking and say, hold up I want to do this before you do anything else. If the Active player lets the inactive player take an action, then the inactive player doesn't take any actions, then the active player may take an action OR end the main step (or attack step if that's what step they're in).

This system really works like a big old game of "Mother may I" and the inactive player asking for permission to do anything. However, once the active player says "yes you can take an action" the inactive player may FULLY resolve one action.

One of the trickier situations of this in Dice Masters is spending double energy faces that don't spin down, like Cerebro or Ring of Magnetism on your opponent's turn. Say you wanted to Use PXG on your opponent's turn but only had a 2 mask face ring in your reserve. If you use one mask to trigger PXG, and then ask for permission to spend the other and your opponent interrupts, you lose that second mask because you must spend all that energy simultaneously since the die can't spin down.

Dunno if you played Magic back in the days of Interrupts, but the difference between Sorceries instants and interrupts is basically how DM is right now. Instants you could play on your opponent's turn, but couldn't interrupt your opponent in response, that's what interrupts were for. And sorceries of course you could play only in main step. In DM there are only two types of "inerrupts" Prevention effects and "redirection" effects. everything else is an instant and can't interrupt a triggered ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    One of the trickier situations of this in Dice Masters is spending double energy faces that don't spin down, like Cerebro or Ring of Magnetism on your opponent's turn. Say you wanted to Use PXG on your opponent's turn but only had a 2 mask face ring in your reserve. If you use one mask to trigger PXG, and then ask for permission to spend the other and your opponent interrupts, you lose that second mask because you must spend all that energy simultaneously since the die can't spin down.
    According to the rulebook, "Global abilities that are paid for in a batch resolve as a single effect." Unlike using sidekicks to pay for for PXG, there's no reason to try to use each mask separately on a double face. Of course, if you wanted to use the second mask for something else you'd be out of luck.

I agree with you here Rob, but there are those out there who rule this differently. For now, only the active player can resolve as a batch without creating a rules thread firestorm. Wiz Kids hasn't clarified the inactive player aspect of batch paying, and in fact gave an example to the contrary in an thread about a similar topic, thus the debate. The rulebook clearly states one thing, but doesn't define edge cases, rules forum develops an edge case that appears to contradict, but doesn't out right say that it does. It's a Quagmire.

Again, I agree with you, and it seems to be a clear definition of how globals work, but others disagree.

AlaZen is when I really started getting into MtG, And some time after Ktk is when I dropped it indefinitely (as an aside, I feel that the unbanning of WGD in Legacy was a slap to the collective player's face)

Anyhow that's a shame, and definitely something that needs to be looked into being errata'd in my honest opinion. Being able to do all of your actions before your opponent can do even one is ridiculous in terms of uninteractivity.

Something as simple as the following rules would help tremendously.

Players take turns taking up to one action starting with the Active player until neither player takes an action.

(off topic, I know: on mobile now so trying to juggle my posts and Shadowmeld's posts into another thread is a bit tricky right now).

Edit: My bad: just realized that my proposed system is already in effect as far as Globals go.
    Last edited by ELC1847; 05-21-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Returned to Green Goliath, dropped Psylocke - Kwannon for Storm - African Priestess (KO going to prep makes KO really weak as far as I've experienced), and dropped the awesome G.Cube for Kobold. In other words, I'm taking the Ramp BaBomb base concept, while substituting my own audibles.