Thread: Article: The Prep Area Podcast 01: Aggro-Shields

Wow now it is nice to hear your guy's voices. I now know who it is who explains everything to me I really enjoyed the cast. I would suggest that when you make these teams you post them like under the feed post so that it is easier to follow along with you guys. I know the cards really well but still had a little bit of a hard time catching it all.
    Last edited by Vapedaveb; 05-12-2015 at 03:32 AM.

I'll keep that in mind. We plan to post the teams on the forum today as well.

Nice podcast, can't wait for more. Damn, @RJRETRO , that radio voice.

Every second Tuesday! Dave and Randy release "The Attack Zone" one Tuesday, Shadowmeld and I release "The Prep Area" the following week. Ensuring your Tuesdays are always filled with podcasty goodness.

Can't wait to release the first episode of "In The Field" soon too!

The show sounded great and had great info! Knocked it out of the park. Love the show, RJ and Shadow!

Great show, fellas! I love me some NPC sidekicks, especially with the correct Angel and Zatanna!

Nice job. A correction: you said you picked stargirl over green goblin because the corresponding goblin is a rare. That is incorrect. The corresponding goblin is the common goblin lord. Only a three cost and a beefy body. You'd be hard pressed to bring star girl over him if you have AvX. Looking forward to more episodes!

Out of curiosity, how did Namor - Imperious Rex get passed over for the Human Shields team? I can't be the only one thinking it'd be cool to see him and Aquaman team up!

He is Rare, and we decided to limit our deck rarity to one rare per. We decided Trainer was the way to go for several reasons, most important being Namor is a 4 cost shield, Wonder Woman is a 4 cost shield and Wonder woman's power is more reliable and more effective.

That makes sense. How'd you hit upon the 1-rare max? Was it arbitrary or is there some reasoning behind it?

It sort of just happened. The first team had super rares and a bunch of rares, and I mentioned how it might be difficult for people to actually play the team. After some tweaks, we decided to avoid using rares if we could. As for "one rare per team", just sort of worked out that way.

The other thing we decided is that there are players that just buy common and uncommons for older sets so they can catch up to the current collection state. Asking them to get just one rare on top of that is not much, often 1-5$ from CSI. This gives them something achievable with this intro style deck series, but at the same time doesn't put a cost burden on them to get all the right pieces. We may start posting more expensive deck versions if there is a demand for it, but honestly, that can start getting into competitive levels, which we save for Dave et al, every other week.

The Mystic box says Monsters. Is there a ruling that says Monsters are Villains and maybe clarifies the other adjectives as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannan1 View Post
    The Mystic box says Monsters. Is there a ruling that says Monsters are Villains and maybe clarifies the other adjectives as well?
    No, and yes

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    The other thing we decided is that there are players that just buy common and uncommons for older sets so they can catch up to the current collection state. Asking them to get just one rare on top of that is not much, often 1-5$ from CSI. This gives them something achievable with this intro style deck series, but at the same time doesn't put a cost burden on them to get all the right pieces. We may start posting more expensive deck versions if there is a demand for it, but honestly, that can start getting into competitive levels, which we save for Dave et al, every other week.
    Sounds like an idea for a podcast battle - total budget builds that can compete with and/or beat teams with no rarity cap.