Thread: PHILADELPHIA: Dice Masters Rainbow Draft 6/2 @ Redcap's Corner

PHILADELPHIA: Dice Masters Rainbow Draft 6/2 @ Redcap's Corner

As of now there are no organized Dice Masters events within 50 miles of Philadelphia, PA. That's crazy for a city this size.

We're working to build a community and get people into the game by starting with an introductory Justice League rainbow draft on 6/2 on Redcap's Corner (3617 Lancaster Ave). The goal is to move into constructed tournaments and official OP events as soon as possible.

Please reach out if you'd like to get involved.

WizKids Event System link

The last time I looked there was a store in New Jersey called All Things Fun that was running events for Dicemasters. It was only 30 minutes from my fiance who was living in Philly. Unfortunately we needed to move her out of Philly so I won't be down in the area to participate in your event but I'm happy someone in Philly is stepping up. I live and work in Central NJ so I knew none of the stores down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    The last time I looked there was a store in New Jersey called All Things Fun that was running events for Dicemasters. It was only 30 minutes from my fiance who was living in Philly. Unfortunately we needed to move her out of Philly so I won't be down in the area to participate in your event but I'm happy someone in Philly is stepping up. I live and work in Central NJ so I knew none of the stores down there.
    Thanks, man.

Giving this a bump. Hopefully some others from Philly stumble across this.

It's tomorrow, hopefully there are others on this site in Philly? Maybe not ...

Good luck. I'm about an hour and a half North of you (49.6 miles according to WES). My FLGS just scheduled their first rainbow draft this Sunday. It'll be interesting to see if anyone shows up. I'm the only one registered so far. Seems like we're on the wrong side of PA for Dice Masters community.

It would seem so. One person registered via WES and someone else reached out here. We'll see what happens. The expectation is that it will start small.

Not sure if true but I've seen an article or two (maybe a blog) claiming that the NE isn't great for tabletop gaming. Something to do with too many entertainment options.

Where or with whom do you play? For me it's been with a bro and my wife.

I played with one of my friends once, and just played the last two nights with my wife for the first time. Mostly I'll set up games and play against myself with the physical game or vassal. Been meaning to try a game over hangouts, but my schedule is so hectic with a 1 year old.

My FLGS has good turnout throughout the week, it just seems they're playing everything but Dice Masters.

One other guy showed up so I for the first time I got to play against someone to whom I'm not related. There was a no-show or two and several people already there stopped by to check it out. I don't think the FLGS promoted the draft using the posters I made - just online. They say product moves well so I'm going to make postcard-sized flyers with event info to be given to those buying DM.

Well, one is better than none. How'd you do? What did your draft team look like?

I lost both rounds. I don't have the team sheets with me but @Alex destroyed my villain team with Cheetah: Cursed Archaeologist and Hawkman: World's Fiercest Attacker.