Thread: Do you think the Zombies are going to have super high value?

Do you think the Zombies are going to have super high value?

Even though they aren't Tsarina or Constantine, in HeroClix the zombies came out in the past year, and although they weren't really meta at all (way later an element was released to make them more playable in meta formats), they did and still do go for insane prices, because... zombie.

I never realized how big of a crush people seem to have on zombies. Just curious if people here are super stoked for zombies... because... zombie, or if they're just being looked at as mediocre SRs?

Or maybe I'm totally missing something that makes them amazing.

God, I hope so. I don't care about the zombies at all, so if I happen to pull one and can trade/sell it, I totally will.

I think it's the thought of having such a unique character that appeals to people, and I can respect that. I just don't understand the love for zombies in particular.

Zombies are a weird american thing. However if you look at the Zombie Magneto, you see one hell of a control card. That is why I want it. Not because he is a zombie but instead a card that shuts down Constantine, Tsarina, Gobby, Wasp, and a slew of other heavy hitting cheap cards.That is why it is important. It was also a very interesting series in marvel. Not good per say but interesting.

Yeah, fair enough. Zombie Magneto is an awesome card.

If it's still 3 SRs per case I think we'll see all SR prices go up a little since there's 8 now instead of 4. If the chase ones were alt art instead of full art they'd probably sell for a lot, but they're not. Hard core collectors might dish out for them to complete their sets though. All the Zombie cards have fun abilities, but Magento seems to stand out from the pack. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him going for $60 for the SR, maybe $80 for the full art because of the rarity (based off current market price).

Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    Zombies are a weird american thing. However if you look at the Zombie Magneto, you see one hell of a control card. That is why I want it. Not because he is a zombie but instead a card that shuts down Constantine, Tsarina, Gobby, Wasp, and a slew of other heavy hitting cheap cards.That is why it is important. It was also a very interesting series in marvel. Not good per say but interesting.
    Exactly. This might be my most anticipated card from the set.

In most sets, I'm excited by 50% of the SRs. Looking at AoU, I feel similarly, so in that sense I still should have the same shot at being excited about a pull.

@Dave after seeing the Commons leaked on facebook. I am excited about well Commons. If Hyperion does what I think, Wasp looks awesome like Hulk awesome, like some of her cards are way awesome just as commons. Also a 3 cost Mask Giant Man who has a Level 3 of 2,7,7. What? I think this set is gonna be super duper game changing. Like Wizkids is saying OK I know a lot of you are bummed you didn't get in till AVX was hard to get so..... hmmmm. Here.

I'm just so pumped for Jocasta. SUPER pumped. I don't know if she'll actually be as good as I'm imagining, but I just have ideas.

But I agree, it looks to be another strong set.

It's going to be interesting to see where they land price wise, Magneto should fetch the highest between playability and rarity. Some of them could end up being like Mr. Fantastic and not be as playable as the others in which case we will be looking at what a collector is willing to pay to finish out his/her set. On the topic of what we have seen spoiled so far; I am a huge fan of "good' commons and uncommons this is what will keep the game accessible and playable for people that can't afford to buy 2-4 gravity feeds to fish out the money Rare and SR cards.