Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Add to TRP?

What Would You Add to TRP?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	possibilities.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	429The new The Reserve Pool website is just over a month old. Instead of highlighting a feature of the site as we usually do this time of the week, today we'd like to step back and ask you what changes/new features you guys would like to see added.

We're actually not short on ideas. We've got lots of ideas. And we've got lots of things we're already working on at various stages of completion. However, your ideas and feedback can help us prioritize that work. (We'd rather not list our current list of the projects, both because some are meant as surprises, but also because we don't want you guys to limit yourself to just our ideas.)

So seriously guys, what do you want to see and what's most important to be changed or added first? Think BIG! Think SMALL! We work for you and want to hear from you!

Please (pretty please?) take a moment to ponder that and reply below. It will help us tremendously. Thanks!

I would like to see a database and team builder on the site. I know there are lots of database sites, however when we show each other teams it would be nice to do it all in one place.

Plus I would like to see some games of the main people in the site going head to head. Like a TRP tournament of champions, maybe using some of the different tournament ideas that are being thrown around to deal with the first turn issue. Just saying.

Cool. So for the database/team builder are you in part asking for a way to reference a team and have it show up in a post? Or was it more a way to have all of the teams people talk about collected together?

Just to follow, I think it would be interesting if you ran an 8 man league on the site with a different challenge each week (contributors, editors, volunteers, whatever) so that we can follow team construction, performance and in game strategy with consistent players. I know that I would love to follow the same 8 through a week of rainbow draft, 4 card, unlimited, etc. Something like a seven week, seven challenge, head-to-head season with the 8th week a contest between the first and second place players for The Reserve Pool Championship.

Oh sorry um, actually BOTH!
    But I meant a way to build a team on this site. Then be able to direct post it.
    But the idea of having a full section of teams on the site, is also super awesome.
    One other site used to do that but they don't seem live anymore.

A calendar feature that listed events based on region. So I could see all the events in the Portland, OR area and not be cluttered by events in other parts of the world.

I'd love to see something like the virtual table top from Untap.in so that TRP would become the place to come get info and play, and could be played on a number of different devices instead of just a PP or needing a webcam. I so rarely have my laptop with me for Vassal but I always have my phone and tablet.

I'd like to see the member map also show game stores where members buy & play. I think options to note what lines they carry and whether they run OP events would be especially helpful.

I'd love to see a standardized tool for rendering teams (8 characters, 2 actions, number of dice), as well as a way to share your teams as a user submitted blog post that can contain editorial content and comments. Voting on teams would be extra special fun. Imagine something like... http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guides Build orders actually make sense here, too.

The simple dream: click on the "Teams" tab at the top and see recent interesting teams people have built and learn about them.

Come to think of it, I am a web developer and helping add features to TRP sounds fun. Feel free to tap me if you'd be interested in some pro-bono help.
    Last edited by digitallimit; 05-14-2015 at 01:54 PM.

I've mentioned this before in a few posts, and i believe you guys are already working on it...but I think a simple way to facilitate trades on the site would be great.

I would also like to see a little more tools available that would help someone develop thier own DM community in thier local area. Perhaps some premade "just fill in the text" posters, a guide to running different types of tournaments, a how-to about getting OP rewards, different regional "groups" that you can join similar to Facebook groups, a section for a store owner to sign up as a "Dice Masters Store" where they can connect in someway directly to the community...

I'd also suggest a few more articles about different types of "fun" play. Most resources I see focus on strategy and how to win, which is all good, but 90% or more of the games we all play are casual fun games, where winning isn't as important as having fun. Would be nice to see a bit more content about how to get the most out of the casual simple games we all play.

And keep up the great work!

It's less of a website request, and more of an idea. Maybe TRP (or TRP community) has the manpower for this idea that I've been pondering.

Anyone that buys full Gravity Feeds knows that they get several extra Commons and to some degree Uncommons. If you are the purchaser of multiple GF's then you may even have Rare and Super Rare extras, It would be cool if there were somewhere we could donate our extras to and they could be collected and given or sold at a reduced cost to those who can't afford the luxury of games. Even those who only purchase boosters here and there could donate their couple extras. If there was a system to gather all the individual pieces then hopefully they would not go to waste and could help those less fortunate.

I know this is not a complete idea yet. And I am not sure how to Administrate it. But I feel like the TRP site could play a part in making this happen

The site is great as it is so far. Here's a couple things I wish existed.

1. A trade forum. It's be nice to have an integrated feedback system too (something like cheapassgamer.com or blu-ray.com uses for their trade forums). Plenty of other places to do this now, so not too critical.

These next 2 would be a lot of work, but they're two things I think the community could benefit from if someone was doing it.

2. Team Builder/Database/Collection Manager. Not 100% percent necessary since we have sites like dm.retrobox and dicemastersdb. If you've ever been to hearthhead.com or hearthpwn.com, you can submit decks you've built, name them and people can look at your team and rate and comment on the build. I think something like that for Dice Masters would be pretty cool, and no one is really doing that yet. I know a question I see a lot from new players is for team ideas, I think that would help a lot of people.

3. Rule database. Could be integrated into a card database. Yeah we have the Dice Masters Rules forums , it'd be nice if I'm looking at a card database, and right there with the card info, is clarification on what the card text actually means.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post

3. Rule database. Could be integrated into a card database. Yeah we have the Dice Masters Rules forums , it'd be nice if I'm looking at a card database, and right there with the card info, is clarification on what the card text actually means.
    I think this is hands down the best and most important request so far.
    just like gatherer does. Card description and (dated) rulings, with a second tab for community discussion about that card... and a third tab for COMBOS. there are a lot of two card combos that are really neat and cool, but don't really warrant a thread topic. would be useful for new and casual players...
    Last edited by SarkhanMad; 05-14-2015 at 09:40 AM.

2. Team Builder/Database/Collection Manager. Not 100% percent necessary since we have sites like dm.retrobox and dicemastersdb. If you've ever been to hearthhead.com or hearthpwn.com, you can submit decks you've built, name them and people can look at your team and rate and comment on the build. I think something like that for Dice Masters would be pretty cool, and no one is really doing that yet. I know a question I see a lot from new players is for team ideas, I think that would help a lot of people.
    Apologies in advance for talking about an external website. I am certainly not wanting to derail this thread. Just wanted to state that the Teams Database described in #2 is the very next thing that will be added to DiceMastersDB. It is in final testing at the moment, and I expect it to be made public fairly soon.

With that said, back to discussion about the awesome The Reserve Pool.

If you don't make a "deck build" database, maybe make a strategy sub-forum for member builds.

Each thread title would simply be [member name] and then subject would be continuously edited with links to all builds that person has created.

Quote Originally Posted by Loran View Post
    Apologies in advance for talking about an external website. I am certainly not wanting to derail this thread. Just wanted to state that the Teams Database described in #2 is the very next thing that will be added to DiceMastersDB. It is in final testing at the moment, and I expect it to be made public fairly soon.

With that said, back to discussion about the awesome The Reserve Pool.
    That's great news. Thanks for letting us know. I look forward to that feature. I'm sure TRP doesn't want to reinvent the wheel if they don't have to.

If you do make a card database (with rulings), can your colon codes then be images that also link to that cards page?

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know. I look forward to that feature. I'm sure TRP doesn't want to reinvent the wheel if they don't have to.
    The dream would be for TRP to leverage DiceMastersDB's data, but implement their own support for sharing teams.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    The dream would be for TRP to leverage DiceMastersDB's data, but implement their own support for sharing teams.
    I was about to say the same thing!

Rather than TRP and DMDB develop the same things in parallel, it would make more sense for the two sites to collaborate and share resources.

dmdb doesn't work on my phone...
    whatever TRP does, I hope it works on phones...

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    dmdb doesn't work on my phone...
    whatever TRP does, I hope it works on phones...
    I can't wait until they iron those issues out on mobile.

Keep the suggestions coming, guys. This is great--very helpful! I'll try to respond to more of the suggestions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I was about to say the same thing!

Rather than TRP and DMDB develop the same things in parallel, it would make more sense for the two sites to collaborate and share resources.
    Agree! 1000% agree! Collaboration only helps the community and it is a way we like to operate. We have approached I think a total of three (or four depending on how you count it) different DM sites about helping/collaborating in different ways as ideas occur to us. (And we may have something to announce about one of those soon...) Collaboration can take time, but is worth pursuing.

We do need some sort of team building system and DMDB has already built that, but it might be tricky getting our systems talking. Mind you, that doesn't mean it's not worth doing. We haven't approached them about strengthening our collaboration, but we do help where we can (they are one of the 3 I referred to above. We'll leave the others as a mystery for now, but if you have a DM site you want to join forces, talk to us!). Click on any DMDB Justice League card page and have a look below the image at who they very kindly credit for scanning it for them. That saves them time so they can concentrate on building new stuff!

I would also agree with Scott and DigitalLimit. Collaborate rather than duplicate please.

As a game which is still in its infancy, with an collectible model (that sadly already has an aggressive enough release schedule to deter some players from continuing to play) it would be great to see a platform for more than just idle discussion concerning formats.

I find most of the current guidelines for suggested, sanctioned or recommended formats (constructed and draft) to be somewhat crude. There's been very little evolution since release a year ago which I find to be a negative impact on what I've otherwise found to be an innovative game which makes a refreshing change from the popular CCG's and deck builders that many of us will have grown up with; Mike Elliott co-designed my favourite sets in MTG!

Regards,

Stu

p.s. Was interested to see there was draft video posted (daredevil) though (sorry!) after the 3 minute mark I had lost interest in your coverage. :-s