Thread: dm.retrobox.eu update (again)

dm.retrobox.eu update (again)

Hope this won't be considered spamming, since there were other threads posted here about the site. This time from the creator himself.

I added two new features to my site. The first is a randomizer. For now all you can do is to add a random card to the team based on the current search (new buttons in the "Edit Team" tab). So it is quite easy to build a team based on some search (for example specific sets, in collection, cost bracket, etc.)

The other is a team visualizer. The idea is to aid playing through Hangouts or suchlike. However this uses scans from TRP. For this reason it is not rolled out in the main site, but you can see a preview here: http://dm.retrobox.eu/preview.html?v...Anger%20Issues (look for the button below the team list). I guess I would have to ask for TRP maintainers permission to publish it.

The visualizer is meant to be used in 1920x1080 full screen (should also work on portable devices). You can click on Basic Action Cards to change the assigned dice colors.

If you have any comments about the current functionality, something that you would like to see added or improved please post here or through "Contact" link on the site.

I would definitely not worry about spamming, your site is an incredible resource and I know I want to hear about the updates!

Not spam at all, thank you for maintaining the site.

Feature request: Something I'd like to see added. When you'r building a team, if mousing over the card name popped up an image of the card, that would be a huge help. I know all the info is there on the page already, but sometimes it's nice to see the actual card.

Question: How do teams and collections get stored? Is it based off browser cookies? I access the site from work and home and I can't see the teams I've created from one place or the other.

Wow, great additions to the site. Thanks for letting us know!

how about a "share on trp" button,
    where it's just "colon codes"...

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    how about a "share on trp" button,
    where it's just "colon codes"...
    That's a great idea.

dmretroboxeu/view.html?view&c=jul1&c=jul63&c=uxm110&c=avx100&c= jul37&c=uxm109&c=avx49&c=bff50&b=avx34&b=bff131

here's a team view link... the colon codes are there, and I can manually edit it to just the colon codes...

jul1
    jul63
    uxm110
    avx100
    jul37
    uxm109
    avx49
    bff50
    avx34
    bff131

then add colons...

Quote Originally Posted by nutki View Post
    Hope this won't be considered spamming, since there were other threads posted here about the site. This time from the creator himself.
    Just putting in an FYI for anyone who stumbles across this thread. You absolutely can feel free to talk about other non-commercial fan/hobbyist DM websites here. Promote, promote, promote! We're all working towards a common goal of helping the community.

It's a general rule not to create lots of threads on the same topic (whether they're talking about other sites or not), but doing so was entirely appropriate here. nutki should "control" (i.e., be able to edit the top post) the thread about his efforts.

Keep up the great work, nutki! Hopefully we'll be able coordinate efforts!

Hey, @nutki , I found an error with your Shackwave entry, it is missing the cards Global.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Hey, @nutki , I found an error with your Shackwave entry, it is missing the cards Global.
    Thanks, I will fix it in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Feature request: Something I'd like to see added. When you'r building a team, if mousing over the card name popped up an image of the card, that would be a huge help. I know all the info is there on the page already, but sometimes it's nice to see the actual card.
    I may add that, but probably not on hover as this may be annoying as the images would take some time to load generating a lot of network traffic. Also hover effects don't work well on touch devices. I think I would trigger it by clicking on the card number.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Question: How do teams and collections get stored? Is it based off browser cookies? I access the site from work and home and I can't see the teams I've created from one place or the other.
    The information is stored in so called 'local storage' which is a feature of HTML5 which does what it says. Indeed browser cookies were abused for the same effect before HTML5. Unfortunately I don't think any browser 'sync' feature keeps local storage in sync between your browsers. For me to store the information on the server I would have to develop something to identify users (unless of course all teams would be public). For now the only way is to send the team links and save them in every browser you use.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    how about a "share on trp" button, where it's just "colon codes"...
    I can add that as well.

How do I export my collection so I can view it on another computer or my phone? I press the export button and it does not appear to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by geneaber View Post
    How do I export my collection so I can view it on another computer or my phone? I press the export button and it does not appear to do anything.
    Indeed there is a bug. The export link is only updated when the collection is modified. To override it before I properly fix it, you can just click on + then - next to any card, and the link should work. Let me know if it is not the case.

Any way to simply sync my collection to Chrome running on my work computer, home computer and iPhone?