Thread: My first attempt at really making a serious deck

My first attempt at really making a serious deck

So it's based off the easy concept of bolts and then Vulnerability to kill any character no matter what damage done, and I like the Batman that lets you buy them free... almost makes me want to JL ramp with Arthur Curry, but then I'm totally off track. Batman isn't necessary either.

I also want to put in the starter Green Arrow that's 4 bolt that does 2 damage to 2 target characters (something like that if not that) when fielded, in place of quicksilver, but I'll need at least 1 more 3-bolt in the vein, which I could use advice on.

Here's where I am so far. I feel like the Basic Actions might not be the best, but I definitely like Punisher. Basically, I'm going to try to hold off my opponent while I field Canucklehead to attack with. I feel like I could use a better basic action to make him do more, but I like the control of Distraction. Still, nothing is 100% tied down, just trying to give a gist of my team. I'm willing to buy more cards if I need them, also. I was thinking a Gobby instead of something and then the Green Arrow for Quicksilver, but I don't know what the something would be. Without Canucklehead, I have no real killer, and Batman lets me get the basic actions cheaper. I also love Captain Cold making my opponent pay to attack. Basically, I'm trying to find the right balance between control and damage/attack.

Cyclops is simply a boost, but he definitely helps getting KOs without Vulnerability being played.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My1stAttempt.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	434

So, yeah, any and all advice welcome and appreciated, and anyone who wants to play test over a Google hangout or something - holler.

What are you using to speed your deck up? Without some form of ramp or churn you will be stuck fielding one character a turn from turns 3-5, and getting only 4 dice rolls per turn. Meanwhile your opponent could be ramping to 10-12 dice per turn.

Choose 2-3 cards to win with, 2-3 cards to ramp with and work from there. The things you add after that are tools to defend against other decks or cards to allow your strategy to over come the card that stop it. If it gets really difficult, you can add another strategy to your team to give you flexibility, but remember, have a plan.

For ramp I would look into PXG and Iceman too cool for words if you are running a bolt team.
    For win condition you could keep Canucklehead and build around him. Iceman and and Enrage, invulnerability or horn of the unicorn are s great combo for winning.

After that just pick bolt, mask and fist supporting characters that help you get to your win condition.

You don't have any low cost fist characters to help you get Wolverine. You don't have a global to spend masks other than PXG, this is helpful for when you get into a pinch and only saved masks instead of Bolts.

You don't need duplicate cost characters unless they do something you need to win. 1-3 cost masks and 4 cost bolts, all are doubled up. Iceman doesn't count because you're mostly using his global. This frees up two slots for you to take a low cost Fist character and either another global or a different Win condition.

As for Basic actions you could find one that gives you a mask global for when you're in a pinch, or you could find one that would help you win with your new win condition.

Also, you don't have any direct removal effects, if your opponent plays Loki or Joker and names Wolverine you might be in trouble.

Could you help me by naming some cards? These are great tips but you aren't helping me see what the win condition is. I do much better at seeing a whole and having it explained and deconstructed, so I then understand everything, then having it explained in a building up kind of way.

Just like... it would be a lot more helpful than just telling me what I'm doing wrong.

Try telling me what you would change in it specifically, and why. What those changes would do and how they would combo, etc...

I'm not giving you specifics because I'm not sure what you own or what types of cards you like. But here are some examples.

Secondary BAC - Anger issues.
    Low cost Fist character - Tsarina. Drop Zatanna.
    Open Slot - Slifer the Sky Dragon. Drop Green Arrow.

Plan, Beast(or Johnny storm) and 2xPXG into Cannucklehead. Field Cannucklehead swing and pump as high as you can. more beasts when you think you can afford it but always PXG all sidekicks from your used every turn you can so that you're drawing all of your dice each turn. Second swing of Cannucklehead should be enough to finish the game for you.

I'm no expert, but here's some cheap cards you could try and fit into your deck if you have them.

Psylocke - I like to pair Psylocke with PXG. Shes cheap, and she has removal with her ability.
    Black Manta - I've been testing the common Black Manta lately. He's cheap, he's got good defense, and his ability does direct damage to your opponent.
    Black Widow - is another cheap fist that can help you get Wolverine out quicker. I picked this one since I'm assuming you don't have Tsarina.
    Relentless - mask global
    Anger Issues - fist global

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I'm not giving you specifics because I'm not sure what you own or what types of cards you like. But here are some examples.

Secondary BAC - Anger issues.
    Low cost Fist character - Tsarina. Drop Zatanna.
    Open Slot - Slifer the Sky Dragon. Drop Green Arrow.

Plan, Beast(or Johnny storm) and 2xPXG into Cannucklehead. Field Cannucklehead swing and pump as high as you can. more beasts when you think you can afford it but always PXG all sidekicks from your used every turn you can so that you're drawing all of your dice each turn. Second swing of Cannucklehead should be enough to finish the game for you.
    What might fit besides Silfer... In just DC/Marvel?

If you want to use Canucklehead as a win condition and want it to be reliable you need to have a way to make him untargetable. If you don't, your win condition is easily shut down by Distraction or a few pings with s.

Right now those ways only exist outside of the superhero sets. This guy's global is the best option but there are others.