Thread: No Attack Team

No Attack Team

What???? I'm a dork, Don't judge...

The idea is to win a game (just 1 will be a success), without ever attacking!!!

Here is my start.

http://dm.retrobox.eu/preview.html?v...me=No%20Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    You need a Red Dragon for the global.
    The 1 damage is nice... I use him a lot. but I don't want my opponent to buy up my basic actions.... I kind of need them....

I've been wanting to build something like this too. Here's my 2 cents (or a nickel, since we don't use pennies in Canada anymore.)

Go with common Elf Wizard. Her ability triggers on attacking and not blocking. That way, you can choose when the ability triggers. Also goes nicely with Firestorm if KO'd.
    Add common or uncommon Lex Luthor. Common will make it harder for opponent to shadow your strategy by buying your basic actions. Uncommon will increase access to basic actions.
    Uncommon Doctor Strange. You will win a race if opponent starts buying up your basic actions.
    Red Dragon. If you intend to buy basic action dice, you may as well make your opponent suffer for it.
    Uncommon or rare Red Tornado. Help filter through sidekicks, or helps prep action dice.

Or defense to stall... I doubt that I can win a race without ever swinging...

updated build:

If you're worried about your opponent copying your strategy, put rare Jinzo on the team. It won't stop them from buying actions, but it would make them think twice before using them or using the Red Dragon global.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    If you're worried about your opponent copying your strategy,.
    I don't worry about this....

Don't have Jinzo...

I am also open to other angles of approaching this...

considered Retaliation both JL and Villains.

Batman into shockwave...

OR

he's cool!

I was able to win a game without attacking last night with my Batarang Chain Gang team. I would have won both games without attacking, but one of my "attacks" left my opponent with one health, and I was able to swarm for the win.

I've played a similar team to what you've got but with Johnny Storm, I just build a wall with beast and magik and sat behind it. fielding everything I could meant he couldn't get through and attacking me just gave me more to reroll.UXM magneto (hellfire club) puts a timer on your opponent if they don't have any villians fielded but I've never mangaed to pullit off in a way that felt not forced so its probably not viable but damage. For Johnny storm I just went with as low fielding costs as I could get and I guess with firestorm you want bolt cheap-o's. If it wasn't for firestorm I would suggest kobolds for swarm and even if/when they get killed you just play them again for more damage (also yay ramp).

It's a fun idea, no question. Field leader could indeed be a boon.

bought a Yugio feed this weekend...
    new version:

you think this is my best version?

The common elf is better than the Uncommon Elf, especially if you're running Blue Eyes. You control when you can attack, you don't control when you can block.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    The common elf is better than the Uncommon Elf, especially if you're running Blue Eyes. You control when you can attack, you don't control when you can block.
    yes, I know. But this is a "fun" team that CAN'T ATTACK.... I have been thinking about dropping the elf, but she is in there for her prep an action ability and for being 3...

What a crazy team idea. How long do you think the games will take to resolve?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I think that

is much better than her common counterpart, especially when paired with

As you can just KO her anytime you want, even if you have nothing to purchase. Being able to gain life and prep a die at the drop of hat is pretty useful.