Thread: Common People (My Sidekick-in-the-Teeth Team)

Common People (My Sidekick-in-the-Teeth Team)

Hello everyone,

After listening to the podcast the other day, and hearing that awesome Human Shields team, I decided to take my own swing at it. I wanted to try it with no Rares, and managed to build a team with only two uncommons and one OP action. So I was pleased.

Anyway, here it is: http://dm.retrobox.eu/preview.html?v...x2avxop;3x31jl

The strategy for this team is simple. Field sidekicks, field a few Justice Leaguers and Captain America to make large and impervious sidekicks. Ramp with PXG, Zatanna, and Save Civvies. Attack with Green Lantern to make everyone swole brah. And it preserves that all-important Half Marvel/Half DC balance.

Rally probably isn't the best idea with PXG, most of the time you are going to have sidekicks in transition or in prep so rally won't actually get you sidekicks most of the time. But good thought!

I think you are right about Rally. What Marvel action would everyone recommend replacing it with? It needs to be a Marvel action, by the way, to preserve the vaunted 50/50 Marvel/DC ratio.

If you're looking for a ramp card, Gearing up will do, but I think you'd be best off with Relentless or Invulnerability. Relentless you could Global defenders out of your way and if you buy it it's pure ramp, and lets you reroll a sidekick. If you take invulnerability, it's cheap, and when GL attacks you can Invulnerability him just to make sure you can swing with your army of 3/3 sidekicks again the next turn.

3/3 sidekicks nothing. I'll swing with an army of 6/4 sidekicks that are impervious to pain (in the attacking/blocking step anyhow). THAT would be fun.

I DO like Relentless, it's a foxy card. I think I'll try it, and see where it takes me. Thanks for the advice.

I love posts like this. Thanks for listening!

Please keep working on this team and let us know how it works.