Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AGE OF ULTRON now on WizKids! More spoilers!

AGE OF ULTRON now on WizKids! More spoilers!

Find beautiful photos of the starter set, a bunch of dice, and the PDF rulebook: Marvel Dice Masters: Age of Ultron
    Last edited by Ken; 05-19-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Fixed the link for ya.

I love the look of the collector's box Captain America promo

Nice find, now if I could just make out that teeny tiny text!

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Villain Vision... Interesting

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    5 cost Hulk can only attack alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    2 cost basic action that grants Overcrush. Wow.
    That's my highlight of what's in the rulebook.

And I love the full-art Cap A. That thing is beautiful.

Interesting new keyword abilities too.

I'm not at all familiar with the comics. Can someone who is help me out here...

...when did Thor become a female?

Two new team mechanics. Hope they are better than heroic. I like some of these mechanics but they seem to be for contruscted/limited and rainbow to really be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    2 cost basic action that grants Overcrush. Wow.
    My comments exactly. This set is raising so many questions for me, and it's exciting. I'll have to read up on a lot of stuff. I'm really behind on my comic continuity.

Looks like a great set. I would say my only concern is they don't over-saturate the market.

In what sense, too much product too quick? It seems that the number of players is only growing. I think the more cards the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ_Mitchell View Post
    Looks like a great set. I would say my only concern is they don't over-saturate the market.
    In what sense, too much product too quick? It seems that the number of players is only growing. I think the more cards the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    The Facebook trading and selling groups are also seeing an increasing number of people selling off entire collections. And their stated reason for selling is usually one of two things:

1. that they cannot keep up with the rate of release.
    2. that they cannot find players near them with whom to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    In my area, of the two FLGS that carry Dice Masters, one of the shops takes pre-orders and after that allows their employees first crack at buying product before putting it on the shelves. And they buy A LOT of product, Usually enough to sell out same day. They also refuse to schedule OP events because 'there aren't enough players'.

Gee I wonder why?

The other FLGS doesn't run events because they're booked up with MtG, Yugioh and Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    The Facebook trading and selling groups are also seeing an increasing number of people selling off entire collections. And their stated reason for selling is usually one of two things:

1. that they cannot keep up with the rate of release.
    Finding players is the hard part. As of now, I'm the only TRP user within 50-60 miles of Philadelphia. I'm working with a FLGS to get drafts going every Tuesday in June (hit me up if you're in Philly). The store is opening to weekends or other times if those ultimately work better. I'm going to make a push and we'll see what happens.

As far as keeping up, does this mean they find it unaffordable to purchase at the rate sets are being released? You don't have to buy everything and enjoying and winning at the game doesn't require that. I tend to be a functional completist but I haven't purchased any SRs that I didn't get in a booster. I didn't get YGO or D&D so there was a long time between Marvel sets. In any case, I'm betting that the relatively small (but growing) community is the primary deciding factor.

Of the two places here one runs their events on the 1 day of the week it's not feasible for me to play, and the other stopped doing events because all the players quit. Funnily enough I heard through a friend that a lot of the players that quit cited me as the reason they quit. The place that still has people playing has totally different people playing, one of which is a chronic liar, and most of them seem more interested in coming up with different games that aren't Dice Masters to play with Dice Masters components so it doesn't even seem like a fun place to play even if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    As far as keeping up, does this mean they find it unaffordable to purchase at the rate sets are being released?
    I don't know, but I would assume so.

I know for me the current rate of release is bordering on unaffordable.
    And the move to 8 SRs is only going to make that worse, unless they increase the SR drop rate.

I dunno, I'm completely fine with the rate things are coming out. The boyfriend and I both have jobs and are functioning adults and our bills and lives are priority and we still manage at least one gravity feed at launch with a starter and a collectors box. Compared to what we were paying a month for video games to just sit on a shelf this is by far the better option for us. It brings us together and our friends are now playing. We are working with our local shop to start OP events. Compared to every other game we have played over the many years this is by far the most affordable. Magic got too expensive for our fun budget as well as hero clix.