Thread: Good scans of DC and D&D OP cards

Good scans of DC and D&D OP cards

If anyone can scan and email me (simage4344@yahoo.com) good scans of the DC an D&D Op cards.

I am updating the Vassal mod to version 2.5.1 and want to include them.

Thanks.

Does anyone really play on Vassal anymore? Anytime I go, it seems vacant.

It badly needs a decent lobby, and asynchronous play (that doesn't involving manually emailing a file back and forth).

But, I've not checked very recently, but whenever I've looked at the server stats, it's been clear that people do use it.

I think the key is arranging games here or on Facebook.

Rather than just logging on and hoping.

Yea. I am disappointed that not many seem to play on vassal. I think it would work better if people would use a voice chat program with it so they would not need to type and explain what they were doing all the time

I agree that it helps greatly to use voice chat whilst playing.

However, I don't think the numbers using Vassal are as bad as you think.

Or, at least, they are not significantly worse than the only other viable way to play online (via Hangout/Skype).

I routinely find, see others finding, it difficult to get ad-hoc games going on Hangouts.

Yet I know people use that method to play.

So why is that?

I think it's simple: people are cliquey.

They have there few people they play with, and whom the pre-arrange games with.

To that end I really like the league system that has been implemented here, and it is something I intend to start using to find games myself.

Quote Originally Posted by simage View Post
    Yea. I am disappointed that not many seem to play on vassal. I think it would work better if people would use a voice chat program with it so they would not need to type and explain what they were doing all the time
    I know some plans are in place to try and get more people to play on there (I know I'm working on some) so hopefully that will change.

And yeah, using a voice program along with Vassal is perfect, although I have seen others get by with only text.

Ok. Let me know if there are any suggested vassal changes needed to the module and I will work with the other folks to get it done

Sorry for late response. I'd love to work on some stuff with you.

I posted updates to 2.6 to include all known released cards. Would love higher quality scans without having to do all the photo work. And there is a 2.6.1 release for people looking for some AoU stuff out there. Again, all the card scans for AoU are terrible.

TRP will soon (Wednesday) be scanning DC OP, putting them online here and sending copies to the usual places (DMDB and vassal folks). We do not yet have the DND OP cards but will be sure to share the love when we do.

Please do not upload any more Vassal mods until you talk to [me, the current maintainer. --added by Ken] We try to coordinate the work so that there is no duplication.

I just completed the same thing you did, but didn't post it yet until I had the others take a look to make sure I didn't mess anything up. I also updated the play boards to include an out of play area. I am fine with others making updates.

As far as better image quality, there is a trade off because with all the images we have, the file size will start growing significantly. I am not sure what impact that will have on slower computers.

Let me know a time when you can talk on Vassal. I actually live 30 mins. south of Houston
    Last edited by Ken; 05-27-2015 at 09:10 AM. Reason: clarity after other moderation

I edited/removed a couple of posts from the thread. Summary: @Scorpion0x17 isn't involved with maintaining the VASSAL mod anymore, so @simage and @Wargfn , please hash out what you need to via PM. When doing so, as always, please keep conversations civil when using The Reserve Pool. We're all volunteers doing what we can to help out the community, and I thank you all for your work. Really I do. Hopefully together you'll rock out some awesome updates.