Thread: Fun ways to counter a rush-down deck?

Fun ways to counter a rush-down deck?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uxm022-thebestthereis.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	555Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jl025-angerissues.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	556

I'm looking for friendly alternatives to the following cards to combat rush-down or attack-based combo decks (see above):

Distraction
    Smash!
    Hulk - GG/JG
    Constantine - Hellblazer

I like Constantine because he's not necessarily so on-the-nose, but he's also a little too fantastic. An example of a less elegant solution to the above combo was to simply run Batman and Robin to create enough spontaneous defense to survive a combination assault, but that also leads to situations where a faceless Batman means you lose.

Just trying to figure out the best way to casual-it-up without feeling like we're adding direct hate to our decks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uxm026-enrage.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	554  
    Last edited by digitallimit; 05-22-2015 at 08:21 PM.

I've had a lot of luck countering Rush strategies with Transfer power's global. Just ensure you get a sidekick or fast character out and let their rusher through. Then you can swap your low cost character's attack for their huge stat.

Just a trick I've been doing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I've had a lot of luck countering Rush strategies with Transfer power's global. Just ensure you get a sidekick or fast character out and let their rusher through. Then you can swap your low cost character's attack for their huge stat.

Just a trick I've been doing lately.

Since this is a YGO card with a weird ability it can get overlooked more easily.