Thread: Quick question about Vulnerability

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Is it possible to activate Vulnerability twice on the same character and therefore draw 2 dice when the choosen character is dealt damage?
    Card text reads "Choose an opposing character. If you damage that character this turn, KO it, draw a die from your bag, and place it in your Prep Area."

My two cents...when the opposing character is KO'd (and you draw a die) you will be unable to resolve the second instance of the Vulnerability card text. I think you would need to KO another character in order to resolve the effect twice. This assumes that you have two Vulnerability Basic Action dice rolled to their action side.

You would need two action dice affiliated with Vulnerability and then use them both to target the same character, but there's no reason the effects wouldn't stack. They are both separate conditional effects that rely on a target being dealt damage. Since the knockout is a result, the dice draw/prep is not conditional upon the character being knocked out for each effect, so the character dies and you draw/prep 2 dice since both active effects had their conditions met.

To slip out of rules lawyer speech for a moment: Yes, if you use two activations of Vulnerability on the same character, you draw/prep 2 dice when that character gets dealt damage that turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    You would need two action dice affiliated with Vulnerability and then use them both to target the same character, but there's no reason the effects wouldn't stack. They are both separate conditional effects that rely on a target being dealt damage. Since the knockout is a result, the dice draw/prep is not conditional upon the character being knocked out for each effect, so the character dies and you draw/prep 2 dice since both active effects had their conditions met.

To slip out of rules lawyer speech for a moment: Yes, if you use two activations of Vulnerability on the same character, you draw/prep 2 dice when that character gets dealt damage that turn.
    You very well might be correct @Necromanticer .

For the record I was using the following to formulate my opinion:

Page 21 & 22 of AoU Rules states:
    "If there is a conflict of timing (e.g., both players want to use an ability simultaneously), the person whose turn it is always resolves their effects first. If simultaneous effects are controlled by the same player,that player chooses the order of those effects.

Once activated, an effect is always resolved entirely before the next effect begins."

However I see now that the dependency is not the KO'ing of a character, but solely the damage to one. Good call.

Yeah, I think this falls under "do as much as you can".

The trigger is the damaging of the character, so, as soon as the character is damaged both action dice's abilities trigger, the first resolves, KOing the character, and giving you the draw and prep, then the second resolves, the KO part fizzles, but the draw and prep still happens.

Ultimately, I appreciate the attention drawn to this Basic Action card. Although I have the cards available to me I seem to learn more through discussion on this site then sitting at home staring at cards.