Thread: So a rumor I heard and what has anyone else heard, about next year and regionals.

So a rumor I heard and what has anyone else heard, about next year and regionals.

Hey everyone,

Has anyone heard about events and Dice Masters Next year.
    I have heard RUMORS!!! Note I capitalize this as a non fact, that this could be wrong, that I do not know and so I am seeking knowledge from others who have more knowledge than me.

I hear that there will be no more regionals, and that wizkids will not be doing large tournaments at Conventions. That the only place they will have big events at next year will be origins.

Has anyone else heard anything about regionals for next year?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

I have not heard this and I do not believe this will be the case. The new leaderboard system that just rolled out has a unique point multipliers that is only for regionals and WKOs. Given that there have been no such events within the current leaderboard time period (back to April) this would indicate an intent to host future WKOs. Also, I FB messaged WK re future WKO locations and they said they haven't finalized locations yet and stay tuned. They didn't say no more WKOs. Again, this is somewhat conjecture at this point and things always change but I would be very surprised if the rumor you heard--which would certainly be a step in the wrong direction--were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    I have not heard this and I do not believe this will be the case. The new leaderboard system that just rolled out has a unique point multipliers that is only for regionals and WKOs. Given that there have been no such events within the current leaderboard time period (back to April) this would indicate an intent to host future WKOs. Also, I FB messaged WK re future WKO locations and they said they haven't finalized locations yet and stay tuned. They didn't say no more WKOs. Again, this is somewhat conjecture at this point and things always change but I would be very surprised if the rumor you heard--which would certainly be a step in the wrong direction--were true.
    Oh THANK GOD!!!!
    I was not happy by my rumor and I truly hope you are totally right. Like I said I am looking for people who have more connections than me to help shed light. Thank You

I don't have any connections. But I do scrounge for this information in an unhealthily addictive fashion

This may have been conflated with the fact that they pulled events from Gen Con in favor of Origins.

They just started the whole Nationals thing, too, didn't they? I think we're safe.

However, I DO think there should be more big events. Just not sure how that would look right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This may have been conflated with the fact that they pulled events from Gen Con in favor of Origins.

They just started the whole Nationals thing, too, didn't they? I think we're safe.

However, I DO think there should be more big events. Just not sure how that would look right now.

I agree. I posted on reddit asking for ideas on prize support to pitch to a convention I have connections to in an effort to see if it was worth my time to try to organize, but the responses I got were not helpful in terms of generating an Idea.
    Last edited by Diabolik; 05-26-2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: forgot to quote