Thread: Transfer Power/ Doomcaliber Knight: Fiendish Fighter Interaction

Transfer Power/ Doomcaliber Knight: Fiendish Fighter Interaction

Transfer Power's Global reads: Global: Pay [1 Shield] . Swap the attack value of one of your characters with that of one opposing character.

Doomcaliber Knight: Fiendish Fighter's Global Reads: Global: Pay [1 Fist] when you attack. Your monsters cannot be the target of action dice or card abilities.

If my opponent uses Transfer Power as a global in the main step and switches the attack of his Sidekick for my Hulk and then I attack will DCK's global nullify the prior transfer power (because my characters cannot be the tart of abilities)?

No.

Effects such as Doomcaliber global do not undo effects that are already in place.

They just prevent subsequent effects from happening.

Thanks. Just trying to find ways to fight the pesky Transfer Power.

Quote Originally Posted by geneaber View Post
    Lord of D. Ring or Human Paladin - Lesser Emerald Enclave. Either setup will completely negate you opponent's ability to use Transfer Power, Distraction, or any number of other nasty tricks.

I think you're on the right track. I have not experienced an opponent using Transfer Power during the Main Step, although it is possible. This Global is more often used during the Attack Step. In those instances, as long as you use the previously mentioned Doomcaliber Knight Global before your opponent - this satisfies your need.

Keep in Mind, during the Attack Step:

1) Assign attackers.
    2) Assign blockers.
    3) Use Actions and Global Abilities - attacking player goes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    Lord of D. Ring or Human Paladin - Lesser Emerald Enclave. Either setup will completely negate you opponent's ability to use Transfer Power, Distraction, or any number of other nasty tricks.
    Also important and relevant options. These characters do require to be fielded in order to receive their card ability as opposed to readily available Globals. However Globals can be removed (Prysmatic Spray: Lesser Spell) or penalized (Jinzo: Trap Destroyer).

The rest of your team will determine the best option to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    In those instances, as long as you use the previously mentioned Doomcaliber Knight Global before your opponent - this satisfies your need.
    Doomcaliber global can, indeed, only be used before the either you or the opponent gets a chance to use any other global during the attack step. Because it is a reactive global that can only be used by you in response to your declaring an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Doomcaliber global can, indeed, only be used before the either you or the opponent gets a chance to use any other global during the attack step. Because it is a reactive global that can only be used by you in response to your declaring an attack.
    @Scorpion0x17 -- I am still susceptible to my opponent using Transfer Power in the Main Step before I declare the attack step. Correct?

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    @Scorpion0x17 -- I am still susceptible to my opponent using Transfer Power in the Main Step before I declare the attack step. Correct?
    Yep. You could switch back in the main step, but you'd need to pass priority or action back to your opponent before moving on from the main step.