Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Eat Your Spinach! (my take on Team Black)

  1. #1

    Eat Your Spinach! (my take on Team Black)

    Hello everyone,

    After listening to the latest episode of The Prep Area (one of my top 5 favorite Dice Masters related podcasts btw), I decided that I wanted to take a crack at a "Spin to Win" team. Luckily, I'm not following the color restriction, so I can get rid of a few of the "Goth" girls (Canary and Jean), and replace them with other things. I'll see if I can test this team out tomorrow evening at our FLGS Free Play night, but please tell me what you think:

    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...36bff;3x138bff





    1) I really want to use Shazam! on a team.
    2) I think Energy Drain pairs nicely with Vibe.
    3) Eat Your Spinach is a fantastic team name.
    4) I hate using PXG, especially when I want my opponent to be a little slower.
    5) I feel like forcing my opponent to do so much spinning will put them on tilt, and that's always fun (unless they ban me from the shop).

    Anyway, I appreciate any thoughts or feedback on this fun (but ugly) group of guys, gals, and ghouls.
    Last edited by OddballNarwhal; 05-27-2015 at 05:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Replace your Vemon with this one:

    Your opponent will get nothing out on the field with everything else you have on the field. Yes, he costs one more, but that -2A -2D for non- is worth it.

  3. #3
    I am interested to hear what your plan is to get to the 7 energy needed for Shazam!. I don't see the usual rampers in this list, which is why I am asking.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    I am interested to hear what your plan is to get to the 7 energy needed for Shazam!. I don't see the usual rampers in this list, which is why I am asking.
    That is a valid question, and one that I do not really have an answer for. I can hope for a ramping Global that my opponent brings... or, I could switch out something with something else. Probably Red Tornado. He "spins".

    Ok, so I'll sub out Green Arrow (there is enough dice spinning on the team) and have him tag Red Tornado - Lab Creation in.



    That should help a bit. Thank you for pointing that out to me, as I sort of forgot to put a way to draw more dice in my team.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    Replace your Vemon with this one:

    Your opponent will get nothing out on the field with everything else you have on the field. Yes, he costs one more, but that -2A -2D for non- is worth it.
    I've seen so much Angelo in our group. Even though I know that version might work a little better, I'd like to try a different version of ol' Creepy Tongue.

  6. #6
    I wanted to give a post mortem for this team... and had forgotten until today.

    This team is awful. It is hot garbage. It is slow and virtually pointless. A pure D&D team fed it its own face. Do not use this team.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I wanted to give a post mortem for this team... and had forgotten until today.

    This team is awful. It is hot garbage. It is slow and virtually pointless. A pure D&D team fed it its own face. Do not use this team.

    Haha. I love the honesty here. I've made teams like this where I'm like, "this team will destroy everything!!!" Only to see it flail around like a fish out of water. Trust me, I've been there, and I feel for you.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I wanted to give a post mortem for this team... and had forgotten until today.

    This team is awful. It is hot garbage. It is slow and virtually pointless. A pure D&D team fed it its own face. Do not use this team.

    I was going to say what about adding Focus Power as a basic action until I saw this post..

  9. #9
    Slimo, I would have to two new basic actions, and at least seven new characters to make this team viable. Thank you though.

  10. #10
    I made this deck a couple of days ago for a friend (and my future self) and I think this would be better. I saw your deck but it had.......nothing to ramp with. Red tornado sure but you'll only get that out till turn 3 maybe. So here, take this for an idea.







    You can take out Marvel Girl and just add Toad for a replacement if you plan on getting Venom out. Venom helps out your Black Widow cards.


    Make them attack and beast blocks. Win win.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 06-09-2015 at 04:11 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    After listening to the latest episode of The Prep Area (one of my top 5 favorite Dice Masters related podcasts btw),
    This made me laugh as I thought "How many ARE there?"

    ...so that's my question. Which ones do you listen to? I want to make sure I haven't missed something!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    This made me laugh as I thought "How many ARE there?"

    ...so that's my question. Which ones do you listen to? I want to make sure I haven't missed something!
    I was wondering the same thing!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    This made me laugh as I thought "How many ARE there?"

    ...so that's my question. Which ones do you listen to? I want to make sure I haven't missed something!
    Let's see, there is the main RP podcast, Attack Zone, Prep Area, Dice Anon, and my imaginary one that I do in my brain while I'm at work. Five.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    You should make that fifth podcast a reality!
    While it would be fun, I haven't been "on the air" since the first time I went to college. And that certainly wasn't a podcast... we had carts and turntables. Good times, good times.

    Besides, y'all got it pretty much covered with the Reserve Pool audio programs. Why, just a few moments ago I was listening to your dulcet tones while organizing my D&D Attack Wing stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •