Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's Build: Batman and Robin

Let's Build: Batman and Robin

First off, I'm not sure how well this will work, but I've had the idea for a while that trp'ers would work together (1 card at a time) to build a team. So, I'll give it a try anyways...

CURRENT BUILD

Note: Batman and Robin IS our win condition....

please refrain from building the entire team. hopefully this will help people (myself included) with understanding the team building process...
    Last edited by SarkhanMad; 07-26-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Edit: I need to learn how to read again sorry SarkhanMad.

Spoiler Alert!
    Last edited by ELC1847; 05-28-2015 at 02:51 PM.

World's Greatest Detective and Boy Wonder.

(If only Robin were JL affiliated though... :-/)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    World's Greatest Detective and Boy Wonder.

(If only Robin were JL affiliated though... :-/)
    I second this nomination. WGD and BW FTW ASAP.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  24.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  26.8 KBi used this combination it worked good, but I kept forgetting to move my life up 1 because of batman

OK, I've made the selection for our Dynamic Duo.

What's the next step?
    How about some ramp for getting The Bat???
    card suggestions...?
    I'm thinking a 2-3 cost character.

If you're going back in terms of sets, it has to be Beast-Mutate #666 or Psylocke-Kwannon Assassin. I would go Beast of the two because of the possibility of drawing when he blocks as well.

However, if you're going with the DC set, Zatanna- Zatanna Zatara is a very good card. Or, if you're really going to build Batman-Robin all the way (villains as well), get some Harley Quinns in there and pair them with the Joker.

Of these, I think Beast is the #1 choice (plus he gives solid defense) followed by Zatanna.

If going cross-set, might as well say PXG is already there.

In which case, Psylocke is better than Beast.

But, Zatanna fits the Batman theme nicely.

If going cross-set, might as well say PXG is already there.

In which case, Psylocke is better than Beast.

But, Zatanna fits the Batman theme nicely.
    Why is Psylocke better when running PXG? because she has a "when fielded" effect? and therefore you will be cycling her in and out more often than Beast?

Since we are using the retaliation Batman, does Zatanna become our pick, or are we looking elsewhere for JL... Aquaman?

I would certainly recommend Zatanna. She gives you the Retaliation, but also the life gain from Batman since you would want to field her as often as possible to prep some dice anyway.

Yes, all sets are eligible... even YGO!

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    Why is Psylocke better when running PXG? because she has a "when fielded" effect? and therefore you will be cycling her in and out more often than Beast?
    Partly that, but mostly because when using PXG you shouldn't be keeping anything in your bag, ever. And, sometimes it's wise to wait to PXG after blockers are declared. But if you block with Beast, then you have to draw. And if your bag is empty, then all the dice in Used go in to the bag. Before you get a chance to PXG any SKs over to Prep.

Partly that, but mostly because when using PXG you shouldn't be keeping anything in your bag, ever. And, sometimes it's wise to wait to PXG after blockers are declared. But if you block with Beast, then you have to draw. And if your bag is empty, then all the dice in Used go in to the bag. Before you get a chance to PXG any SKs over to Prep.
    awesome... more trp101...

Quote Originally Posted by Sdblake View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  24.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  26.8 KBi used this combination it worked good, but I kept forgetting to move my life up 1 because of batman
    If you ran that with Red Tornado - Android to prep your action die and polymorph to keep Red Tornado's level consistent you could cycle magic missles pretty quickly and get health for it.
    Last edited by systemskill; 06-07-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Even if you aren't running the recursive Robin, I still suggest Blue-Eyes White Dragon - Monstrous Dragon for a reliable KO->Prep Engine and Cost Mitigator for characters and nonbasic actions.

Also, there are a few options available for mask sources for PXG, but I personally suggest Storm - African Priestess over Psylocke - Kwannon the Assassin, if only because the used pile takes more resources (time and/or energy) to get out of than the prep area.

Add BEWD MD because you can field zatanna, then KO her, and if you have batman active, then you get retaliation.

Maybe Imprisoned to help our almighty Bat-powered Robins connect?

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    So now what?
    Some removal?
    What is the build so far?

Batman.
    Robin.
    Zatanna.
    BEWD.
    PXG.

Is that right?

yes. that's the build so far.

Maybe Punisher Mcrook, or Storm (3 Cost) Maybe now we could think about her

Maria Hill: Avengers Liaison?

TO make Batman even more useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Maria Hill: Avengers Liaison?

TO make Batman even more useful?
    Presumably you mean to make Robin better, not Batman?

Anyway, I like that. However, this does bring up something that needs addressing:

We have our win-con (Batman and Robin, perhaps with Maria too) out, but we need a way to get at least Robin, and possibly Maria, and/or Batman, also, through to hit our opponent.

So...

Board clear?
    Blocker manipulation?
    Unblockability?