Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Creative Play Mats

Creative Play Mats

No offense to anyone who uses/likes it, but I'm starting to find that the play area being that big rectangle is a bit boring even in custom mats that I see.

I'd like to see your creative play mats! I have my Booster mat. Walsh has his Red Lantern mat. RJ is working on one for Red Tornado. What else is out there beyond the colored boxes for every zone of the play area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Armstrong2020.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	698.7 KB 
ID:	699

Name:	Armstrong2016.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	698

Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising with matching Dice Bag. (using images used on mat and dice bag from InkedPlaymats.com, not actual mat and bag).

well I did do a whole series like these, but people seem to prefer the standard format.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HulkClean.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlaymatCapAmericaV2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	4.86 MB 
ID:	701

@spidermaxx OMG these are awesome! Now I want one, the hulk of course but so sweet good work bro!!

This style just does not seem as popular, or maybe now that people are used to the game zones more, maybe they'll come into fashion?

Name:	PlaymatAvX 14.5x24.5.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	5.19 MB 
ID:	702

Quote Originally Posted by spidermaxx View Post
    well I did do a whole series like these, but people seem to prefer the standard format.Click image for larger version. 

Those are awesome playmats, but not ones I would probably use. For me, there's too much color in the center area. If you look at the official ones, the images are faded into the background so they don't distract from the zones and the dice. That said, do you have a Spider-Man one, I might use it as my desktop wallpaper.
    Last edited by DigitalFirefly; 05-28-2015 at 03:20 PM.

I didn't create it but I had this printed for my wife:

Name:	ww playmat.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	444.3 KB 
ID:	705
    Here are a few mouse pad play mats I made:

Name:	WW Playmat Full - White large mousepad.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	525.0 KB 
ID:	706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCXMen Playmat.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	589.1 KB 
ID:	707

i love them too, my only worry is that they'd too busy/distracting (wonder bewbs!) to play on against.

They are distracting for online play, but not when playing in front of another person.

I made rectangle playmats (shameless plug: http://imgur.com/a/OtuzI#0) that are relatively "busy" and they haven't been distracting in practice.

Name:	fHRdgbG.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	660.3 KB 
ID:	709

Check out the Gallery here on TRP. I put a whole bunch of mousepad-sized playmat images up there (note: not created by me - image attributions on each image). Several are quite creative.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermaxx View Post

These are awesome. Do you have a list of characters you have mats made for? Do you mind if people from the community print these up. It seems like it's been forever at my store since things got in stock and my wife and I are both waiting for non-paper playmats!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Those are awesome playmats, but not ones I would probably use. For me, there's too much color in the center area. If you look at the official ones, the images are faded into the background so they don't distract from the zones and the dice. That said, do you have a Spider-Man one, I might use it as my desktop wallpaper.
    These are the best I've seen. Super impressive.

I really need to get on my Red Tornado mat. In time for NEXT YEAR. Wooooo.

Lots of great work here gents, I am loving what I'm seeing! It seems like everyone is a fan of Wonder Woman's talents.
    @spidermaxx Do you use photoshop to create your mats? They look great, the mouse pad mats I made where simply from paint.

Those look great. Been thinking of getting a custom playmat printed but I can't decide what I'd want on it.

http://www.thereservepool.com/album.php?albumid=15

Pick one, put it up on ArtsCow, get it for $0.99 (including shipping, worldwide). Wash, rinse, repeat.

(I have a personal coupon code for that price, and I can easily grab several more).

My Arts Cow mat came in. I got greedy with my margins so there is some clipping, but otherwise it's perfect.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150529_141255.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	738
    That is my face on Colossus and my sons face on Logan. My wife had it commissioned for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    My Arts Cow mat came in. I got greedy with my margins so there is some clipping, but otherwise it's perfect.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150529_141255.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	738
    That is my face on Colossus and my sons face on Logan. My wife had it commissioned for me.
    What are the dimensions of that one? regular size?

@KennedyHawk I've done many, all in here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1xr6dgxkt...oFik0Djaa?dl=0 some are mouse mat size, most are full size.

Anyone is more than welcome to use, and print any files in that dropbox folder.

@Green Knight I use Photoshop, but you can also use the free software Gimp. Once you have a template set up (or use mine) it's very easy to switch between the layers and add images you want.

Now if there were 0.99 coupons for the small doormat that would be awesome.