Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier Argonaut card text using Affiliation icons

S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier Argonaut card text using Affiliation icons

Target character die you control gets +3A and the icon if they attack this turn.
    */** That character can't be blocked by

In earlier sets, this card text would have used the word 'Avenger' and 'Villain' in place of their respective affiliation icons. Now that we are seeing the affiliation icons being used, does this mean that Marvel and DC Villains are no longer interchangeable? Does the burst effect on S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier only affect Marvel Villains?

Other cards in the set, such as Vision, have card text about 'non-Villain' so I guess those would still be both Marvel and DC villains. I would think that if the specific Villain affiliation is used, then the ability is limited to only that affiliation and not any others.

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...hp?f=10&t=4586

3) Villain (Marvel) = Villain (DC) [Despite having a different icon]

They would have to edit this, I think...

opps, forgot to refresh before answering
    Last edited by IgwanaRob; 05-28-2015 at 02:24 PM. Reason: deleted duplicate reply

This card has potential as a crazy end game condition. If you have Patch fielded...all you need is any character with a 7 attack value and you are swinging with 20 damange if you can go unblocked.

Like Cannucklehead or Ever Lovin' Blue-Eyed at level 3?

They're both 6 fist characters, but as Hulk will attest, that's not much of a stretch.

Juggernaut Kuurth is a 5 cost with 6 attack on level 1.... that seems like a pretty good candidate.

Agreed, but then you need another piece to make him unblocked. Cannucklehead and ELBE already have that part down.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Why not FWX? Use relentless with the leftover energy

And yet another reason why I think Distraction is going to be a part of so many teams. Between Overcrush, Hulk Out, the capture plays with Ultron and his Drones, and now this it's hard to to argue against its inclusion.

Oh Man. The Common Goblin Attack Force is pretty nasty for an all in type of maneuver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk40 View Post
    And yet another reason why I think Distraction is going to be a part of so many teams. Between Overcrush, Hulk Out, the capture plays with Ultron and his Drones, and now this it's hard to to argue against its inclusion.

Your Distraction is now worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    This card has potential as a crazy end game condition. If you have Patch fielded...all you need is any character with a 7 attack value and you are swinging with 20 damange if you can go unblocked.
    You want overpowered combos? Let's see what we can do:

And the Helicarrier.

Possibly with for some support if they try to MM him in the main step.

Also, if you are willing to pay one more energy to make it a sure thing, you could jump on board the train and ride that to victory instead of Goblin attack force since it guarantees a kill on all 3 faces and can survive some ping.

Question @Necromanticer ... if you use the DCK global...would that actually nullify your own use of Hellcarrier? Or would you just have to make sure you used them in the correct order?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post

Your Distraction is now worthless.

Wow. I've stuck mostly to the Marvel sets (a little of DC). That's nuts.

Correct order, you need to do the helicarrier during your main phase then you use doom caliber knight as both need to take effect before attackers are declared. Main phase> declare attackers>declare blockers> globals/action dice. So you need to do it during main phase as it has to be done before blockers are declared.

Ok...so playing DCK which makes your characters untargetable by action dice, doesn't reverse the effect of the Hellcarrier die that you would have used during your main step.

Correct, it just means that they con no longer be targeted (even by you) for the rest of the turn. Any globals or action dice that were activated in the Main Phase are unaffected.

This is going to be a really fun combo to play around with. Ive only collected the Superhero sets up to this point...is there anything similar in the Marvel or DC sets that is similar to DCK?

Nothing similar to DCK in Marvel or DC Sets

is a close second to DCK global and will take you a couple more turns just to get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by alphans View Post
    is a close second to DCK global and will take you a couple more turns just to get it going.
    He also has the benefit of only stopping your opponent from using globals on your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    He also has the benefit of only stopping your opponent from using globals on your characters.
    And the global haunts "Gobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    This is going to be a really fun combo to play around with. Ive only collected the Superhero sets up to this point...is there anything similar in the Marvel or DC sets that is similar to DCK?
    Not similar to DCK, but...