Thread: card search...

card search...

trying this out, and thought I would share...

search this in Google:

site:dicemastersdb.com field OR fielded AND damage AND player OR opponent

not sure how well it works...

Quote Originally Posted by Loran View Post
    Not sure about the Google part, but what I am taking from this is that you would like more options regarding the card text search in DiceMastersDB.
    I'll add it to the list!
    Why yes... yes I would...
    thanks

I use both DicemastersDB and DM.retrobox.eu alot. The addition of configuring teams has been very helpful on both sites as well. Dicemastersdb also has a cool "Oracle-ish" card entry for each card as well. But sometimes you just need what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    Why yes... yes I would...
    thanks
    After a quick bit of investigation, I have discovered the DiceMastersDB Advanced Search kind of already does what you are after.
    Try the following search term in the Ability Text box:
    Code:
    (("field" OR "fielded") AND "damage" AND ("player" OR "opponent"))
    I don't think it is quite right as it is going to look for all of those terms within 1 section of the card text (in the DB, the normal text, 1 burst text, 2 burst text and global text are considered separate sections). I imagine you would want the search to look for the words anywhere on the card.
    I think I can easily fix that though, which would remove the need for the () wrapping the entire search term.

I'll continue looking into it, and will add some documentation regarding the syntax once I am happy with the solution.
    For now, what I listed above might help you find what you are after.

... I don't think it is quite right as it is going to look for all of those terms within 1 section of the card text (in the DB, the normal text, 1 burst text, 2 burst text and global text are considered separate sections). I imagine you would want the search to look for the words anywhere on the card.
    I think I can easily fix that though, which would remove the need for the () wrapping the entire search term.

I'll continue looking into it, and will add some documentation regarding the syntax once I am happy with the solution. ...
    I wrapped the ability search box to look at all three ability fields when I coded my PHP solution. And then added a separate search box for Global abilities. As sometimes, you just want to grab just the global abilities or see cards with global abilities when your looking for just that right thing.

ONE big question, is there a way to sort dice results from greatest to least with TFC or say 5A and 5D on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    ONE big question, is there a way to sort dice results from greatest to least with TFC or say 5A and 5D on top.
    Nope, DMDB can't do that. We currently don't have any ordering in our search results, only filtering.
    It is however one of the many things on "The List".
    We have been playing around with other ways of displaying tabular data throughout the site, so at some point we'll go back and update the search bits and pieces. The Catalog and Advanced Search were the first things we did, so need to go back and apply the lessons we have learned since then.

So lets say I am looking for all of the dice with a fielding cost of 0 or 1, and say a minimum of 5A / 5D sorted from greatest to least. The reason why I am asking is I have been looking for more characters like Lord of D with a 1 fielding costs and an 5A/5D stats or better. Was lookign at making a budget "fielding cost" swarm deck.

Nope, DMDB can't do that. We currently don't have any ordering in our search results, only filtering.
    It is however one of the many things on "The List".
    We have been playing around with other ways of displaying tabular data throughout the site, so at some point we'll go back and update the search bits and pieces. The Catalog and Advanced Search were the first things we did, so need to go back and apply the lessons we have learned since then.
    I did not even record Dice in my own card index. Maybe I should go and add a die index, then reference that from a new table.

So lets say I am looking for all of the dice with a fielding cost of 0 or 1, and say a minimum of 5A / 5D sorted from greatest to least. The reason why I am asking is I have been looking for more characters like Lord of D with a 1 fielding costs and an 5A/5D stats or better. Was lookign at making a budget "fielding cost" swarm deck.
    You should be able to use the Dice tab in the Advanced Search to find those dice. You just can't order them once you have found them.

In this case I would do something like: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?search&sort=17.-18.1
    It sorts first by Lv3 fielding cost then by Lv3 Attack descending. So you have first every card with lv3 fielding 0, then 1, etc. And within those groups the cards are sorted from the one with the highest attack.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    trying this out, and thought I would share...

search this in Google:

site:dicemastersdb.com field OR fielded AND damage AND player OR opponent

not sure how well it works...
    I added this feature to dm.retrobox.eu. I guess this is what you try to look for: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?search&text=f...20%26%20player

The search text is: "field & damage & oppo | field & damage & player". "|" stands for OR and "&" for "AND". "&" takes precedence over "|" and there is no support for parentheses so field and damage has to be repeated. On the other hand it is still looking for substrings and not keywords, so you don't need "field | fielded", because "field" catches both. Similarly "oppo" finds both opponent and opposing.

Quote Originally Posted by nutki View Post
    I added this feature to dm.retrobox.eu. I guess this is what you try to look for: http://dm.retrobox.eu/?search&text=f...20%26%20player

The search text is: "field & damage & oppo | field & damage & player". "|" stands for OR and "&" for "AND". "&" takes precedence over "|" and there is no support for parentheses so field and damage has to be repeated. On the other hand it is still looking for substrings and not keywords, so you don't need "field | fielded", because "field" catches both. Similarly "oppo" finds both opponent and opposing.

Also Awesome!!!
    thanks.

Both of your sites are super cool, I use them everyday...

keep up the good work!