Thread: All Shield Super Wonderwall

All Shield Super Wonderwall

Since my Bolt team worked out great I'd thought I'd figure out a way to make an all Shield team and came up with this:

The plan is 2 fold. One group works defense (Angel, Captain America, Human Paladin, and Wonder Woman) while the other is offense (Aquaman, Constantine, Lex Luthor and Superman). I don't have to explain Wonderwall, because we know how that works. Human Paladin is there to make Superman just that much more unstoppable by having him be immune from Globals, Actions and character Abilities.

As for offense Constantine helps get Superman and Captain America out for free, since they're expensive to field. He's also used for Ramp. Superman plus Anger Issues will always cause him to go into Used Pile from Overcrush effect. Lex Luthor recycles Action dice for me to get Superman back next turn after attacking. If everything works correctly the plan to have Superman comeback repeatedly and attack with Overcrush every turn.
    Last edited by vonVile; 05-29-2015 at 03:39 AM.

A few things here:

1) Superman doesn't need the paladin, he's already immune to "abilities" which includes globals.
    2)Characters who are blocked stay in the field unless they are KOed. Even if the Overcrush. Going to the used is only triggered by being unblocked, not by doing combat damage to your opponent.

Other than that, looks like you have a plan for how you want this deck to work, what order would you buy in?

So I have seen a very similar all DC team before, during one of our DC only drafts. First, I am going to be adding this to my Vassal log of teams. In our event it only lost to one player. That was me and because I had chosen to make a Killer Vibe team knowing that there are a few bolt characters in the DC set and had pre-selected Pick Your Battles before the draft knowing I was going to draft with this in mind.

This is a solid team. And the unbreakable pawn wall should be used like an ocean against your opponent to wear down his blockers. Because eventually the either your opponent is going to roll energy on character dice or they are just going to stall out trying to refield everything energy wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    A few things here:

1) Superman doesn't need the paladin, he's already immune to "abilities" which includes globals.
    2)Characters who are blocked stay in the field unless they are KOed. Even if the Overcrush. Going to the used is only triggered by being unblocked, not by doing combat damage to your opponent.

Other than that, looks like you have a plan for how you want this deck to work, what order would you buy in?
    I thought character Abilities and Globals are two separate elements. Well, in that case it helps everybody else.

1. Buy Aquaman
    2. Buy 2 Constantine (there's 4)
    3. If get Aquaman field and buy Wonder Woman. If Constantine buy Angel. If I have to pay for either or both are free to field buy another Constantine.
    4. Should have Aquaman to field by now to buy Wonder Woman for sure. If Constantine buy Angel.

I changed Thrown Car to Anger Issues. I don't know why I chose TC over AI. When I bring back Superman at Level 1 he'll still be at 8A with AI. I also can use Polymorph's Global to boost Superman to make him more dangerous.

All Shield teams tend to struggle because of a lack of solid ways to start dealing damage. Its funny that I just mentioned Transfer Power in another thread, but Transfer Power + Angel: Soaring is one of my favorite Shield based win conditions. It's definitely a bit tricky to do reliably but Transfer Power really is an ability that rewards you for having more shields than your opponent.

Venom: Angelo Fortuno can throw a this one for a loop, but it's not one you see played as much. Wonder Woman will only protect the sidekicks from combat damage.