Thread: Prismatic Spray - Greater Spell NEED HELP PLZ!

Prismatic Spray - Greater Spell NEED HELP PLZ!

Reference Page: CLICK!

Had a few questions about this card that all sort of revolve around a central question. Does Prismatic Spray only negate all existing bonuses until end of turn, or does it also negate any future bonuses applied to my characters?

EXAMPLE: Kobold, Greater Humanoid is currently fielded on his level 3 side making him a 1/2. Prismatic Spray, Greater Spell is used, causing all creatures to be treated as 1/1's, regardless of any bonuses. Following this action, Wererat, Greater Lycanthrope is played.

So what happens here? Is Wererat treated as a 1/1 as well even though he came in after Prismatic Spray was used? What about his effect of pumping up Kobold? What if another action like Blessing was used afterward?
    The wording on this card is odd to me because it uses the phrase, "until the end of the turn." Does this mean they are treated as 1/1's until end of turn no matter what? Or is the text simply there to state that the effect is not permanent?

EDIT: Grammar

Once an action has taken been used, its effects typically last until the end of the turn. The italicized text is supposed to just be a reminder of that. So the Wererat would come in as a 1/1.

Since the Wererat is a bonus (as is Blessing), I believe the text of the Spray overrides it, making it kinda worthless.

Just like he said. Effects last until the cleanup step at the end of the turn.

Prismatic Spray overrides all values on all characters, making all of them 1/1's regardless of bonuses. Even if you cast 3 blessings and fielded Venom - Angelo Fortunato, nothing would happen. Your opponent's wouldn't be knocked out by Venom and all of your characters would still have only 1/1.

I want to play actions on opponents turn!!!!

WKs. errata please!

Is there an official ruling on this or similar situation somewhere?

The "bonus/penalties last until the end of the turn, unless otherwise stated" is directly from the rulebook. The way Prismatic Spray overrides any other bonuses/penalties is basically just the reading of the card. The only thing Wizkids has said about this card is this:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5956

That only talks about Prismatic Spray not being a "targeting" action, and can't be retroactively removed once it's been activated.

I have had some D&D cards for a while now, but I haven't played with the much...got a question about this card...

If I have a card that gives a perpetual damage to opposing characters while active (like Venom Angelo or Dr.Doom RR)...would the act of using this Prysmatic Spray instantly KO some of the opponent's characters? Or is the Venom-type card considered a "bonus" and therefore doesn't take effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    I have had some D&D cards for a while now, but I haven't played with the much...got a question about this card...

If I have a card that gives a perpetual damage to opposing characters while active (like Venom Angelo or Dr.Doom RR)...would the act of using this Prysmatic Spray instantly KO some of the opponent's characters? Or is the Venom-type card considered a "bonus" and therefore doesn't take effect?
    It's considered a bonus. A negative bonus, but a bonus. Think of it as an "adjustment" rather than a "bonus".