Thread: Article: Uncanny X-Men Postmortem

Are there any cards that you remember being really excited about before release, but after release thought was kind of a dud or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPezzotta View Post
    Are there any cards that you remember being really excited about before release, but after release thought was kind of a dud or vice versa?
    Cable. After I saw his abilities I thought he would be great. That clearly wasn't the case.

It brought me Namor! Made me so happy. Helped me get into the set.

Also, UXM brought the tone down from the absurd level of AvX into a more reasonable level. We have yet to see any more characters printed that were as far out as "Tsarina" or "Gobby" and the game has benefited from that. They did include the Professor X Global, but that's forgivable in light of how warped the initial set was due to its general lack of ramp and incredible low-cost characters. Now that even more sets have been released, it's clear that they've learned their lessons and are staying far away from the gargantuan power levels of their first runs.

Great article! I finally got access to UXM today at a constructed tourney in Australia, such a fun set that really diversifies the game from it's AVX state.

UXM is my #2 favorite set, only slightly behind Justice League. I know that Heroic needed refinement and is getting it in AoU, but it was so cool to pull off Captain America/ Wolverine heroic combos.

Even with 5 sets out, I find myself thinking in terms of UXM and using it as my baseline.