Thread: If multiple Marvel Girl-Humanity dice are in the field, can you spin up >1 die?

I don't believe so. Generally anything that has a when this happens condition can only be done once.

The card doesn't state that it only triggers once no matter how many Marvel Girls are fielded so I would belive they each would have a separate trigger.

Yes you can spin up multiples, but remember, you can't spin a die up if it is level 3.

Hmmm...

So, if you spin up two Marvel Girl dice, is that 4 life gained (2 per die spun up), or just 2 (because a die was spun up)?

Good question. and not very well defined. I think you can only gain 2 per turn, despite being able to spin up two marvel girls. However, there's a lot of wiggle room for how that can be interpreted. I will say, since there is a life gain cap, I'm not sure how much it matters either way.

Yeah, I think I've played it as 2 life per spin up in the past, but in checking the card text I realised it could be either.

isn't the unwritten rule "if one interpretation is more powerful, then use the other?"

That is not a Wiz kids unwritten rule. And honestly, 4 life is not that much more powerful than 2, given the life cap.

Slapster thinks the life cap is a terrible mechanic, and i personally would love to build an infinite life team, but I see where WK is coming from. If I Joker your big bomb character, and then can heal to more than you can swing for, then you'll never be able to kill me since all of your attackers go to the used pile instead of remaining on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    That is not a Wiz kids unwritten rule. And honestly, 4 life is not that much more powerful than 2, given the life cap.

Slapster thinks the life cap is a terrible mechanic, and i personally would love to build an infinite life team, but I see where WK is coming from. If I Joker your big bomb character, and then can heal to more than you can swing for, then you'll never be able to kill me since all of your attackers go to the used pile instead of remaining on the field.
    Isn't that why you build decks to have more than one win condition? I mean come on, that's ridiculous. If you complain because you lost and brought one big dude to win with, that's on you.

But I do right now understand that DM isn't set up - in many ways - to be able to go over 20 life, the way the rest of the game is.